Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derval O'Rourke wins silver!!!

• 11-08-2006 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Well Id just like to say congratulations to Derval O'Rourke who has done Ireland extremely proud with her 2nd place finish in the European Athlethics Championships in Gothenburg!!! Heres hoping some kids will gain some inspiration from her performance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

great race and so close, well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Brilliant news, indeed congratulations to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Great race. She got game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Well done to Derval O'Rourke, what a magnificent performance, she did Ireland proud. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Fair play to her,

lets hope she can go one better next time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Well done indeed.
    Great Race!

New national record aswell: 12.72

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Slick de ville

Well done Derval...its great to have someone to take over where Sonia left off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Derval O'Rourke has been given joint silver along with Germanys Kirsten Bolm.

Both finished with a time of 12.72

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭g-punkteffekt

Derval is such a sweetheart and so cute. I would love to marry her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Congrats to her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

Fast_Mover wrote:
    Derval O'Rourke has been given joint silver along with Germanys Kirsten Bolm.

Both finished with a time of 12.72

I don't wish to be cruel here, but looking at the official photo finish on the EAA web-site Bolm did well to get a silver. The line is clearly touching Derval's shoulder, but is a fraction away from touching Bolm's torso. The rule clearly states that its the athlete's torso that's measured.
    http://eaa1.exigo.ch/goteborg/pf/1250040.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

What a legend, having seen her races over the past month and the early rounds, I never believed she would run 12.72 and based on these races, the long injury layoff, the bad lane draw you'd have to say she had no right to win a medal but she is some competitor, as tough as nails. Now I think she can run serious fast times next season and get closer to those top americans. Hopefully she'll get some A races on the circuit now as I reckon she'll get faster as this season closes out. She was like a demon on the first leg of the 4x1 too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Well done Derval. She got a great response when they showed the race again on the big screens in Croke Park last Saturday.

Advertisement