Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A night in Dublin Town

Options
  • 11-08-2006 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

So there I was one night had one or two too many and thought ah what the hell I won't bother going home, I'll just sit here in good ol dublin city, sure what could possibly happen eh lol, anyways there i was minding my own business sitting by meself and thinking what could possibly go awry, well I tells ya, Dublin town is not a nice place to spend the night alone, EIGHT times I was started on by groups of young fellas looking for trouble, feck sake, abought five AM when I thought all had gone home I decided to put my head down and catch a few winks, got woken up by someone going through my pockets, first thought was it was some perve trying to feel me up, i mean, two hands in my pockets feeling around what else would you think, turns out it was just a pickpocket, before i figured this out he was gone with a few hundred quid, I tells ya, Dublin at night is not a nice place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

This is a troll......right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

What were you doing getting drunk alone in Dublin, then sleeping outside?
    Looking for trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

MooseJam wrote:
    So there I was one night had one or two too many and thought ah what the hell I won't bother going home, I'll just sit here in good ol dublin city, sure what could possibly happen eh lol,

Well you'll know better next time.

I mean,what did you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

3 replies in the same minute :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

This is a troll......right?

no its just what happened

• Advertisement

LadyJ wrote:
    Well you'll know better next time.

I mean,what did you expect?

Id expect to be left be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not in this day, you can't be walking around on your own, theres always someone around looking for trouble or to harm others.

Ruu wrote:
    Not in this day, you can't be walking around on your own, theres always someone around looking for trouble or to harm others.

Well maybe so, but surely the guards could have been about, this was on O'Connell Street, main street in all of Ireland, I was assaulted twice, tried to be assaulted another six times and i was robbed also, all in one night, never saw even one guard in all that time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Not sure I believe this story, I mean:
    MooseJam wrote:
    turns out it was just a pickpocket, before i figured this out he was gone with a few hundred quid

Who decides to sleep on O'Connell St with that much cash in their pocket?! Even being drunk isn't an excuse, why would anyone take a few hundred quid out on the lash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

heh heh.. even an auld feeblehead like me knows ya don't get "out of it" in Cinteral Dublin and expect to be unmolested.....

get a bit real there pony..... there's bad boys out there....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

MooseJam wrote:
    Id expect to be left be
    Well you'd be wrong and naive to expect that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Your lucky you werent set on fire.

This should be in the Dublin city forum. F*ck'n useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

Keyword: Dublin + Night

smells of danger,

where exactly where you going for a few winks?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

WTF...whats the point of this thread,next the OP will be telling us its not safe to put your hand into a Lions enclosure in the Zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

maybe the OP was the person who put there hand in the cage at the zoo...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

xebec wrote:
    Not sure I believe this story, I mean:

Who decides to sleep on O'Connell St with that much cash in their pocket?! Even being drunk isn't an excuse, why would anyone take a few hundred quid out on the lash?

Took the words out of my...eh..typing fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

This has to be a wind up - there's no way you'd have a couple of hundred left in your pocket after a night out in Dublin! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

If you're going to be stupid enough to go asleep on O'Connell street with a couple of hundred Euro in your pocket,then you deserve to be robbed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

If you get started on 8 times in one night then you're probably doing something to provoke it to be honest. I haven't be started on in Dublin in years and you get jumped 8 times in one night? I know this is just a stupid, BS thread but on the off-chance that it is true, then there's a good chance you got what you deserved. As for falling asleep in the city centre with hundreds of euro in your pocket - d'uh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Laslo wrote:
    If you get started on 8 times in one night then you're probably doing something to provoke it to be honest......you got what you deserved. As for falling asleep in the city centre with hundreds of euro in your pocket - d'uh.

Nail, hammer, head.

You went out on your own looking for trouble, or you are unbelievabley unstreetwise, you hung around in the worst spot you could find, you fell asleep in the worst spot. Do this in Paris, Milan, Saigon, Glasgow... the exact same will happen to you. Not even a slow tourist would make that mistake, yet you did.... Amazing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement