Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cpanel question

Options
  • 11-08-2006 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi,

i set up a sub domain in cpanel and i set up an ftp user with access to only that folder

when i log in with that user his home directory is indeed the directory i specified (sub domain directory) .. however he can still go up a step into teh parent directory

anyone know how i solve this issue

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Thats a tough with cpanel, im not too familiar with it. If you werent using cpanel, youd just create a new user and edit the dns zone file to point that subdomain to that users directory.

Maybe in cpanel, if you create a new account and set the domain to subdomain.domain.com that will do the same thing? No harm trying that, you can just delete it if it doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I checked my two cpanels, on different hosts, one wouldn't let me do that, the other did...check it with your host

Advertisement