Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public phone charger in Dublin

Options
  • 11-08-2006 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Need response in under 45 mins lads. Meetin people in town, runnin out of work, no battery left and nobody here has their Nokia charger. Anyone know where to access one of those public chargers like they have in Blanch centre, but at this time of night?

If theres none Ill hafta run home, only need a few mins of juice in it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

1. public phones are your friend.
    2. go into a local pub. one of the barmen might have a charger and let you juice it up for five minutes. (i've done this myself)
    3. don't forget to charge your phone again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

go to a quiet pub and buy a pint they wil charge it for you. leave a tip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

The only place I can think of is the student union shop in trinity college (just inside the house 5 door)???

any internet cafe maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Ah payphones. Unfortunately this digital age has dispensed with the need to actually remember peoples phone numbers, so Ive none in my head (unless your one of these bastards who constantly sends call mes, they remember all their mates numbers)

Might do the pub thing. Internet cafes would probably do it either *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

I've done it quite a few times in both Internet cafes and pubs, good luck!

• Advertisement

shane86 wrote:
    Ah payphones. Unfortunately this digital age has dispensed with the need to actually remember peoples phone numbers, so Ive none in my head (unless your one of these bastards who constantly sends call mes, they remember all their mates numbers)

Might do the pub thing. Internet cafes would probably do it either *shrugs*
    all you need to do is charge it up enough to turn it on, get the numbers and write them down.
    all these things are available in a pub. also, you get beer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

theres a pay phone charger in Cafe en Seine if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

I could buy a new phone for less than the cost of a drink there.

yeah, but you don't have the numbers on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

I have *no* idea where in the city centre you can buy these... but in a local Dunnes they sell battery life at the check-outs. I've never bought one of these things, so I'm not sure if you temporarily replace your Nokia battery with this thing, or what happens.

• Advertisement

ok. it's been 45 minutes. off to the Dublin forum with this.

from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jayhaitch

Some pubs have free charging machines now. Two examples are Dakota and Solas

Advertisement