Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorola V300 + dead- Advice??

• 11-08-2006 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi,

have a Motorola V300 which is completely dead. There are no lights when charging or any signs of life at all!!

Is there any thing I could try. Swopped batteries and still no joy!!

Any help would be appreciated as I want to fix this for my 13 year old niece!!

Cheers

Branners

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Depends on situation

Firstly open back and see if theres a red spot in there

If there is its water damage and you're done for

If not and its under a year old you're entitled to a repair from whoever sold it to you! The only things they cant repair are water damage and physical damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

branners69 wrote:
    Hi,

have a Motorola V300 which is completely dead. There are no lights when charging or any signs of life at all!!

Is there any thing I could try. Swopped batteries and still no joy!!

Any help would be appreciated as I want to fix this for my 13 year old niece!!

Cheers

Branners

You could ask a phone shop if they can reflash it for you, where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

V300 were on the go over two years ago..If its more than a year old ..Im afraid its not worth fixing...If you dont know the age of it...as above bring it to a phone shop get them to send it off for you ..The word will come back on its warranty etc etc or a min repair price..but you would buy a new phone of some sort with credit for not much more ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

Cheers for the replies lads.

I'll drop in to a phone shop to see if its the battery and if then I'll break the news to the niece that you she had better start saving!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Depends how long you have it, if its under 15 months old (I think) then you can send it off to one of the repair companies like MPRC in Sandyford Industrial Estate and they will repair it for you under manufacturers warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Motorolas are 15 months from date of manufactur and 12 months from date of purchase.. other info Nokias now have a two year warranty..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

Good to know about the 15 months! I'll find out from the niece when she bought it exactly.

Cheers for the info lads!!

Advertisement