Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congratulations to Derval O'Rourke

Options
  • 11-08-2006 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Oh she's a local lass? I heard the commentary on Radio 1 as I was coming home. Apparently she was the most relaxed Irish Athlete he ever saw in 20 years of sports commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah well done to her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

i remember her in primary school,she was in a year below me,and she always won races.Fair fecks to her she deserves it,she got a silver medal.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

damien.m wrote:
    Oh she's a local lass? I heard the commentary on Radio 1 as I was coming home. Apparently she was the most relaxed Irish Athlete he ever saw in 20 years of sports commentary.

probably because she never got the recognition she deserved in the run up to the championships.

well done derval

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

She used jump over me when she was 11!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭lukin

She's a different personality completley to Sonia. A way more confident. She seems to expect to do well. She might be a gold medal prospect for the next Olympics. Beijing in 2008 isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

She has determination, and a big-game mentality, something poor Sonia unfortunately lacked at times.

I heard her on the radio afterwards saying how important it had been that she gave a good race, just to warn the other major competitors that she will be in the running come Olympic time.

Watching her in her early qualifiers, she always seemed to fade in the last 20-30 metres, understandable given that she's ran 60m indoors. But in the final, there was no sign of that. It was a complete and great performance. Well done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Advertisement