Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] North Leinster Town Atlas

Options
  • 12-08-2006 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.irishmaps.ie/product/display.cfm?ProductID=23707
    Product Details
    North Leinster Town Atlas
    Price in Euros 		€11.99  
    Series/Range 		City & Town Series  
    Format 			Atlas  
    Scale 			1:10,000  
    ISBN 			1905511006  
    Publication Date 	May 2006  
    Colour or B/W 		Colour  
    Double Sided 		No  
    Number of Pages 	86  
    Illustrated 		No  
    Available 		In Stock

North Leinster – Town Maps is the first in a series of town atlases to be published. Available from May 2006. 30 Town maps in this atlas are published at a scale 1: 10,000 with a common legend and a street/road index for each town.

Town plans included in the Atlas are:
    Ashbourne, Athboy, Balbriggan, Bettystown, Blessington, Clane, Delgany, Donabate, Drogheda, Duleek, Dundalk, Dunshaughlin, Greystones, Kells, Kilcock, Laytown, Lusk, Naas, Naul, Navan, Portraine, Prosperous, Ratoath, Rush, Sallins, Skerries, Slane, Stamullin, Swords and Trim.

View example http://www.irishmaps.ie/product/Example.cfm?ProductID=23707

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I ordered this online as soon as it came out. It's riddled with mistakes, misspellings, inaccuracies and misinformation. Still, I suppose it's better than none, but some larger towns (like Ardee) are left out, yet places like Stamullen and Clane are put in, which, to me, doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I was similarily baffled by Ardee's omission. Swords is covered in the Dublin street atlas, so its inclusion is interesting too.

I know its North Leinster, but it would've been practical to have had Cavan and Monaghan towns, as well as Longford and Westmeath (they are as much North Leinster as anywhere.)

This is more for ex-pat Dubs, tbh!

The concept is ideal, we never had provincial town plan maps published from OSI before, so this is welcome, but the published article leaves a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I bought one too. What a rip off! Why cant you just buy the Drogheda map or the Dundalk map... why the whole book?

And the Dundalk map is very out of date...

Not impressed. :(

Advertisement