Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BF2 1.4 release date confirmed

• 12-08-2006 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

According to a news release on the spanish EA site 1.4 will be released on next Tuesday :
    First of all, we'd like to thank everybody who has contributed with the Beta Testing of the Patch 1.4 for posting your opinions on the forums.

Your opinions and reports has been very useful for us to improve the stability of the client and server for this patch. Also, we proudly present “Road to Jalalabad” sponsored by Comcast, and the new server option “Infantry Only” which will give you a new dimension for the classic Battlefield experience. The 1.4 patch will be available next Tuesday, the 15th of August.

Also, on a new effort for supporting our community, we are pleased to announce the first cycle of our MODLight where we will check the talent of the community's mod teams. As a part of this, every mod will be tested and hosted on servers arround the globe for the player's enjoyment.

More details about this patch and the MODLight program at the beginning of the incoming week!

The Battlefield Team

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Yep, that's what it looks like. The 1.03 patch was announced from Korea first so it's not the first time that the English-speaking world is a little behind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

despite the beta testing i'd say this shows up a bunch of bugs (again)

despite the beta testing i'd say this shows up a bunch of bugs (again)

But does that mean that DiCE can't be blamed?

I played with the 1.4 for over 4 weeks and found the same bugs as everyone else. If it turns out that there's something that wasn't spotted does that in some way forgive DiCE for other things missed in the past? If hundreds of public beta testers missing something then can DiCE be forgiven for the same thing?

Ponster wrote:
    But does that mean that DiCE can't be blamed?

I played with the 1.4 for over 4 weeks and found the same bugs as everyone else. If it turns out that there's something that wasn't spotted does that in some way forgive DiCE for other things missed in the past? If hundreds of public beta testers missing something then can DiCE be forgiven for the same thing?

if people like the NRG boys can put vids on youtube showing map exploits and bugs, then hundreds of beta testers can find this stuff and tell DICE... i'm sure a quick google search will bring you to loads of bugs and exploits in the game.

there's no excuse for having gaping holes in a game that's had 7 or so patches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Does anybody reckon this is the last BF2 patch?
    They are probably gonna need to concentrate on the numerous patches that'll be needed for BF2142

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

it probably will be the last patch, EA have sucked enough money out of the game already :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Sinister

R0ot wrote:
    it probably will be the last patch, EA have sucked enough money out of the game already :D

i agree, they'll have to concentrate on screwing up bf2142 from now on so we can go through this all over again.

nah there'll be a patch to make sure there's a fat ad for 2142 when you load bf2 up

Sinister wrote:
    i agree, they'll have to concentrate on screwing up bf2142 from now on so we can go through this all over again.

speak for yourself, im seriously considering not touching bf2142 with a 40ft e-pole :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I agree with not touching 2142, possibly at all, and maybe when its definately a fully working game. After watching the preview of ETQW i cant see 2142 comparing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Sinister

R0ot wrote:
    speak for yourself, im seriously considering not touching bf2142 with a 40ft e-pole :D

sorry root, when i say 'we' i mean those of us that will buy it regardless of the problems, most of the players i play with intend to stay well clear of it.

personally i'll stick with bf2 as bad as it is. No more of my money going to EA for the forseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well, its half 8 and still not out. I will mirror it as soon as it comes out and im near my terminal.

I wouldn't expect it until after lunch though Gaming 365 folk should receive the server patch before the 1.4 goes out so we may get some notice from them or people who work for them or people who know people who work for them :p

I agree with not touching 2142, possibly at all, and maybe when its definately a fully working game. After watching the preview of ETQW i cant see 2142 comparing.

/me agrees :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

I notice I am unable to login to the EA Downloader atm so I presume it is being uploaded .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

Multiplay have atleast 1 , 1.4 server up . The Downloader is back up again and all the old patches seem to be gone off it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

nothing on ftp yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

R0ot wrote:

yep...Quake wars all the way..looks savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

anyone know where u can get a trailer for this quake wars game

Atlas_IRL wrote:

give youtube or google videos a quick search and you'll get loads of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Atlas_IRL wrote:

go to main site
    http://www.enemyterritory.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

1st-IB servers are 1.4'ed up and ready to go.
    Unfortunatlly the client isn't out till 17:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah god dam it we were all playing about 0n our infantry server today when it went down, i tried to rejoin and I got a server version error. Well heres hoping things improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

A bunch of muppets ea are.Three betas and only a couple of hours before it's released they delay it.

You mean no patch today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

Re: 1.4 patch
    Posted:Aug 15, 2006 1:11 PM in response to: vundu (GameSpy)

Click to reply to this thread

Click to alert this thread

Alert

As per http: //forum.eagames.co. uk/viewtopic.php? t=27827& sid=33b3d8a3b2f1f798c0087 d8fcfc881d8 ...

Due to some last minute changes the release of the 1.4 patch has been delayed.

We do not anticipate this delay being a lengthy one, however we do not have a fixed date for release at this time.

We will update you as soon as there is further information.

Apologies to those who were expecting the patch today, however in order for this patch to succeed in the way it is intended a little extra time is being taken to ensure it is right.

Message was edited by:
    LexStriker (GameSpy)

Ah boo! *stops checking EA ftp server every 5 mins*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Joeface wrote:
    Re: 1.4 patch
    Posted:Aug 15, 2006 1:11 PM in response to: vundu (GameSpy)

Click to reply to this thread

Click to alert this thread

Alert

As per http: //forum.eagames.co. uk/viewtopic.php? t=27827& sid=33b3d8a3b2f1f798c0087 d8fcfc881d8 ...

Due to some last minute changes the release of the 1.4 patch has been delayed.

We do not anticipate this delay being a lengthy one, however we do not have a fixed date for release at this time.

We will update you as soon as there is further information.

Apologies to those who were expecting the patch today, however in order for this patch to succeed in the way it is intended a little extra time is being taken to ensure it is right.

Message was edited by:
    LexStriker (GameSpy)

shock horror they might have actually decided to get rid of a bug before release this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Or decided they didn't implement enough of them in the patch.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

d22ontour wrote:
    Or decided they didn't implement enough of them in the patch.

:D

Hmmm, I wouldn't laugh.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

It has also been reported over at Battlefield2.nl that the patch will only be delayed for 24 hours. Here's what they had to say:

Although the patch was announced to be released today (by EA Spain), it seems a small bug has been found and needs to be fixed before patch release. The release of patch 1.4 has been postponed 24 hours in order to allow more testing and the fix of this small bug.

just seen that on total battlefield 2 but they seem to have taken it from here

http://www.battlefield2.nl/

so might have it soon

Advertisement