Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittent network problems.

• 12-08-2006 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

I've been having problems with my Netgear MR814v3 router recently, specifically intermittent Internet connection. One minute it'l connect, next minute the connectivity is gone and the PC light flashes on my cable modem.
    There are 3 PC's all running XP on the network, two RJ45 wired to the router and the other connects wireless.
    Sometimes, resetting the network (power off cable modem, power off router, power on cable modem and wait for the lights to stop going mad, power on router) tends to work, more times not.
    The modem lights look like they should before the router is turned on (cable light and power light constant), but once the router is plugged in the PC light flashes.

I'm now having to make this post on a laptop directly connected to the modem, as I can't get the router working at all.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sounds tricky all right. Could be a dodgy router or else somthing wrong with the line. First thing to do would be to try a different router on the same line. See if it acts the same way.

Also ring the provider and ask them is there any issue with the line that could be causing this. By the way I am assuming that the Broadband is over cable it's not wireless broadband is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Yeah it's through cable. I'll try find somebody else with a router I guess... It was bought on ebay on the cheap, I'd say it's probably stolen cause the serial # has a sticker over it! Still it was a big ebay company with a base in Kerry!

Advertisement