Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship Week 2 Thread

• 12-08-2006 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

Here are todays fixtures:
    Saturday, 12 August 2006
    Cardiff v Coventry, 15:00
    Colchester v Barnsley, 15:00
    Hull v Derby, 17:30
    Leicester v Ipswich, 15:00
    Norwich v Luton, 15:00
    QPR v Southend, 15:00
    Sheff Wed v Burnley, 15:00
    Southampton v West Brom, 15:00
    Stoke v Birmingham, 12:30
    Sunderland v Plymouth, 15:00

The big one is tomorrow
    Leeds Vs Palace, 15:00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Last night Wolves 1 Preston 3

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm predicting a score-draw for Saints, but it could change depending on whether Bale and Pele are passed fit.

Bale to make it 3 goals in 3 with another 35 yard free-kick if he's fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Looks like Niall Quinn forgot to bring his disco pants to Sunderland they are 2-1 down at half time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

what i wouldnt give for wednesday to actually score a goal.

0-0 with burnley

:confused:

Sorry couldn't resist it

Niall Quinn's disco pants are the best
    they go right from his arse to his chest
    they are better than Adam and the ants
    Niall Quinn's disco pants

• Advertisement

Jaysus 2-2 now Quinny might get a point.

As a sidenote check this site of Sunderland chants out http://home.wanadoo.nl/maarten.geluk/songs/sunderland.html. They don't like the Toons eh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Quinn's trial period is surely over after his 3rd defeat on the trot? Good to see the 2 Irish strikers scoring though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Stoke City 0 Birmingham City 0

just back from the match , thought we dominate large periods of the game but were all our chances went abegging. A great penalty save from Simonsen kept brum at bay at the other end. 0-0 draw a fair result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Quinn is in serious trouble.

He needs a manager in asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

What a result 2-0 down and came back to beat Luton 3-2. Gonna be hard to stop us the way we're going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

sunderland are in trouble real quick early on. Poor ol' Quinny...it'll probably turn him to the drink!

Big Big game tomorrow. Palace and Leeds..., the two teams who underacheived in the playoffs last season. I reckon a draw is on the cards. 1-1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Big Big game tomorrow. Palace and Leeds..., the two teams who underacheived in the playoffs last season. I reckon a draw is on the cards. 1-1

I wont disagree with you there Rollo. Leeds played brilliantly against Palace on Tuesday and should have buried them but there was miss after miss and two stupid mistakes from Crainey cost us the game. Mo Camara was supposed to be joining but he chose a permanent deal at Derby instead so Crainey will play again. He is possibly the worst player in the league so I expect Palace to attack down the Leeds left.

Leeds have a good record against the top sides and beat Palace away last season. Ian Westlake should start as Bakke has a nasty gash on his knee. Im interested to see how he gets on from the start because he has looked quality whenever he has come on.

I agree with Rollo and think it will be a 1-1 draw but heres hoping Leeds can do what they did last year and win at Selhurst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

straight red for Horsfield after 15 mins for punching a Palace defender off the ball.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Horsfield was an idiot for getting sent off. You cant react like that even if Hudson was pulling him back. I have to say though that even though Leeds only have ten men we are by far the better side. Palace have done nothing and Leeds are just knocking the ball around with ease. Healy is doing well up top on his own and has created some good opportunities, one of which Lewis hit the post. Palace just cant get te ball off the Leeds midfield which is the best in the league for me. If Horsfield hadnt got sent off I would think Leeds would be ahead by now.

I dont think the match can stay like this. Palace will have to change their system and I think they will bring on another forward for the second half. I think Freedman will come on to offer them more going forward. At this stage a dra will be a good result for Leeds since they only have ten men but if the game stays the same way then Leeds could nick a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Palace always seem to do rubbish in the first half. I can see them coming out in the second and banging 2 goals in. 7.4 on befair for 2-0.

In the other matches Norwich had a fantastic win. Great start for them. But if they keep giving away 2 goal leads they wont do well.

I still think southampton are the best team. B'ham and WBA will struggle with the amount of midlands derbies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

ouch! 91st minute...
    "Clinton Morrison struck in injury time as Crystal Palace maintained the only 100% record in the Championship with a win over 10-man Leeds at Selhurst Park"

I'm not complaining but judging by the match reports Palace need to up their game. Leeds are a strong team but a 1-0 win in the 91st minute against 10 men over 75 minutes isn't good enough.

I'd like to see another striker come in before the deadline. We need some pace up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Finished 1-0 to palace. Clinton Morrison came on and scored in the 90th min.

Leeds deserved at least a point. Palace were awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Still top of the league with a 100% record though. Winning games when playing poorly is never good thing for the other championship hopefuls.

Absolutely gutted. Thats the last two games that we have conceded last minute goals. Thought we deserved a point today but thats how it goes. I wasnt impressed with Palace at all. Freedman changed the game though in the second half and they looked better then but Leeds were clearly knackered after playing with ten men for so long. Not so sure about Blackwell bringing off Steve Stone in the 90th minute because it disrupted the team and Palace went straight up and scored. It was a good goal by Clint but I was gutted.

Need a win in next game big time

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Kingp35 wrote:
    Absolutely gutted.
    me too...terrible way to lose:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement