Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funky goings on?

Options
  • 12-08-2006 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I have no issues with posting or reading threads, but three other people I know are having issues with this as I type this post, and they are in different locations in the country. They can't reply to any threads, it just times out. Only some threads will open for them and other times it looks like it's going to load but just doesn't.

Is this just due to the recent server changes and experiments, or is it something completely different? They have tried pie.boards.ie and porkpie.boards.ie but it's the exact same.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Not really enough information to go on ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

ecksor wrote:
    I'll try and make it as easy to understand as possible...90% of the current active boards users are unable to reply to threads or send pms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

i had the same problem but ruu kindly told me about the porkpie site. Basically couldnt access any posts or threads, i could access say for example the actual section ie: after hours etc but could not access any thread/ post the screen just went white when i clicked onto a post

Heyes wrote:
    i had the same problem but ruu kindly told me about the porkpie site. Basically couldnt access any posts or threads, i could access say for example the actual section ie: after hours etc but could not access any thread/ post the screen just went white when i clicked onto a post

People using porkpie have told me about having the same issue there. You're one of the lucky ones. :p

sjones wrote:
    I'll try and make it as easy to understand as possible...90% of the current active boards users are unable to reply to threads or send pms.

Yeah, first forum I clicked into was the TCD forum and when I click on any of the threads, it seems as it is going to open it up but all that opens is the index to the TCD Forum then.

...though I can post on here, which is odd.

[edit] Just cleared cache, problem still the same.

[edit II] Couldn't quick reply to sjones's post there.

[edit III] Trying this on porkpie, as I couldn't 'reply to topic' to sjones's post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

ye porkpie fixed it for me aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its been 6 hours since I have been able to reply, pm or in general even look at 90% of the threads, till I happened to see this one with the porkpie section. Wtf is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Happening to me,can't view most threads.This is the first one all morning.FF & IE affected.

Thread listings are fine but when I try to view and individual thread I just get a blank page.

Couldn't reply to thread,tried to pm sjones too with no luck

Now on porkpie and seems ok,I was on www.boards.ie early (6am !!) and it was fine

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I must be one of the 10% then. Of users with issues I mean in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Appears porkpie works. I had tried pie, muppet, dontlogin.

I am guessing a corrupt response page in the cache somewhere.

report posts works (sorry ecksor).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I had the problem that Heyes describes from about 9am this morning when I first got up. Switched to porkpie on sjones advice via IRC. Worked fine then.

Now back to using www.boards.ie and it's all working fine.

Edit: Original problem was on both IE and FF. Cleared cache, and cookies. Both logged in and off. Same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Attempt number 7 to reply to this thread arrrgghhhhhh
    /grind teeth.

I am getting the not loading of pages.
    I am using firefox and when I click to open a thread the string for it appears
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054974870 being the last one and then it times out and hitting reload or enter in the address bar does not cause the page to reload it just sits there and there is not even an error message and firefox says the page is done and it is just blank.

Two people I know have had the issue with replying to threads.
    They used both the quick reply and the advanced but when they submitted the post the page times out and brings them back to the thread with out adding thier post to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It's been going on since about 3.30am,well thats when i last logged on then and i couldn't get into threads but could get onto pages.

Still can't use main one but porkpie is working fine.

sjones wrote:

I'll try spell this out in very simple terms for you ... There is not enough information in any of the reports I'm receiving to help identify any problem. I know there's a problem. Saying "there's a problem" doesn't help me fix the problem. If you happen to find any information that might narrow things down then feel free to post back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its hit and miss last night I could'nt get anything and breifly this morning the same, but www.boards.ie is fine for me now. Must remember to eat a porkpie

Mike.

If anyone having problems with www.boards.ie could delete their cookies for www.boards.ie and report back to see if that helps it would be useful.

ok will delete cookies now but just to let you know. tried to reply on www.boards.ie and got a message on the browser..

"waiting on response from switch.atdmt.com"

ecksor wrote:
    There is not enough information in any of the reports I'm receiving to help identify any problem. I know there's a problem.

is alot more informative than
    ecksor wrote:

Hopefully you can sort this out soon. If I find anything I'll let you know.

Cleared cache again, cleared cookies, couldn't get in to this thread through www.boards.ie. Replying using porkpie (on firefox V 1.0.2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Ok, cleared cache and cookies and restarted firefox, opened boards again and didn't work. When i hit a link for a thread the address shows up but the it stays white and doesnt load.

Edit: just went back to front page and hit a link again - it's now telling me the server isn't responding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I cleared cache and cookies entirely. www.boards.ie is still working for me. As is porkpie.boards.ie.

I'm running FF 1.5.0.6. I'm on UCD network at present if that is any use.

Deleted all boards.ie cookies.

try to load www.boards.ie. Times out. Eventually got back. This post is attempted using www.boards.ie.

sjones wrote:
    is alot more informative than

Well, I'm glad that spelling it out for you helped.

I think this has been sorted. Can people please revert to www.boards.ie and report back if they continue to encounter problems.m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm experiencing the same problems here aswell.

www.boards.ie post.

[edit] Seems ok now, cheers!

ecksor wrote:
    Well, I'm glad that spelling it out for you helped.

Yeah, it's amazing what replying with something coherent can do. What was the problem anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Working grand here now. Was having the same problems as mentioned above earlier.

sjones wrote:
    Yeah, it's amazing what replying with something coherent can do. What was the problem anyway?

A small technical problem. No need to worry yourself with potentially confusing specific details. However, statler was affected, porkpie/pie was fine so perhaps your friends in different locations in the country are experiencing a different issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Ditto

Was also getting adverts.ie by clicking on boards.ie threads last night. dont know if it was related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

any chance of changing the thread title to include something about porkpie.boards.ie?

i was using www and had the problems described above, but i remembered reading something the other day about someone working on the servers and that porkpie would work. and it did.

new tab and www seems to be working fine as does http://boards.ie.

edit using www.

second edit using http://boards.ie

all is well. turn tape over.

Advertisement