Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Txt Msg capacity

• 12-08-2006 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

You kno what really gets me . I have a w810i with a 2GB card and its still only able to store bout 90msgs in the inbox . What the schmuck is up with that!!!!???!!!!.

I had an old samsung fone with 40mb internal only , and that could store 250 in the inbox.

It's so annoyin having to clear the inbox at 90 sms when uve a 90% empty 2gig card in the fone.

is there any way to designate that 2gb memeory to inbox memeory?

doesnt any one else find this annoying!!!??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yeah, one of the nags of the phone. Nothing you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

kinda piggy backin here but similer query can the w810i only hold sumthing like 150 letters in a text i know you can set to send several texts for bigger ones but my old fone cud hold 450 letters a text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you can only store 160 characters in a SMS anymore will be sent as a second message, thus extra cost.

@angel2
    menu > messaging > settings > text message > max msg length > max available

That should solve your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

that will just make it send several texts to make up one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

That's what I like about my 6280 - 600 messages in my outbox, and 650 in my inbox! :) Now I only wish I could get it unlocked so I could put my meteor sim in it... :( I so should have bought it sim free. I've a k750i with my meteor and it's 150 messages totally wrecks my head!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

there is a hack so you can store over 1000, i had it on my w800, i think it was from around here i read it, slowed everything down with texts for me tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

there is a hack so you can store over 1000, i had it on my w800, i think it was from around here i read it, slowed everything down with texts for me tho
    Yeah, all the SE's are purposely limited to prevent you from holding too many texts. Clearly their storage method isn't designed well enough to accomdate a lot of texts.

Why would you want to store more than 90 texts? Delete all. How much useful info could there possibly be in them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

seamus wrote:
    Why would you want to store more than 90 texts? Delete all. How much useful info could there possibly be in them?

It's not the "usefulness" of them... it's messages from the other half that I want to be able to keep.

Might have to get me a v3x till I can get my 6280 unlocked.

You got more info on this hack?

• Advertisement

angel2 wrote:
    that will just make it send several texts to make up one
    I was under the impression that the only alternative was MMS (with just text in it)?

Advertisement