Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat visitors - Help Required!

Options
  • 12-08-2006 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

Im sure this is a familiar topic/story for readers of this board.

Since moving into our house in Kiltipper, we have been feeding a feral cat (called Jess) who basically lives in our garden (I suspect she was fed by the people who lived in the house before us too). So, last Wednesday she turns up as normal, but this time with 4 kittens in tow. Gorgeous little things, running around and causing mayhem in the garden. Theyre still being fed by their mother and we've been helping out with soft food, shelter and all that stuff.

So what to do now? Im sure my neighbours wont be too impressed if we try to keep 5 cats in a small back garden but I dont want to send them to a pound or suchlike where they would presumably be pts.

I know Kitten adoption is out of action at the moment so any advice, direction etc would be much appreciated.

Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Pete - I've pm'd you with my number - give me a ring & I'll see what I can do to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

great... i hadn't got a clue what advice to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

what ya need to do as soon as you can,ie when kittens are big enough, set a trap catch the cutiey mammy jess and bring her to your local vet and get her spayed. if ya need a hand with a trap pm and ill help only live down the road from you too! also if ya need a hand rehoming kittens i'll gladly put up a notice in my vets for you.. does she allow you to touch her or the kittens?

Advertisement