Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about cheques

Options
  • 12-08-2006 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I got 2 cheques, both are from accounts in BOI, College Green. Both are crossed. Can I just walk in there on Monday and get them cashed?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

If it's crossed the bank is only supposed to pay it into a bank account (i.e. they will not cash it)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

A cheque-cashing service or a friendly cash-premises owner might cash it for you, mind you, providing it isn't marked a/c payee only. (Although I could be wrong about this)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Brown_Eyed_Girl

This will have to be paid into your account unfortunately as it is crossed.....

Are you concerned about them being returned or something ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

This will have to be paid into your account unfortunately as it is crossed.....

Are you concerned about them being returned or something ???

Nope just going away next week and wouldn't mind the extra bit. It's grand, have the credit card anyway which should do me until they come through.
    Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

you may be able to lodge directly to credit card account if that is any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

you may be able to lodge directly to credit card account if that is any help.

Nice idea,

Just looked at my AIB Credit Card statement, it says cheques must be payable to "AIB Credit Card Services"

I suppose that is a good idea, if they were willing to accept cheques payable to Mr John Cardholder then Mr John Cardholder could use a credit card like a current account! lodginf cheques and withdrawing money at an ATM, and naturally the banks wouldn't like that because there is no fee for paying in a cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I got 2 cheques, both are from accounts in BOI, College Green. Both are crossed. Can I just walk in there on Monday and get them cashed?

TIA

prob too late now but the question asked was
    "Can I just walk in there on Monday and get them cashed?"

If there means BOI College Grenn, the answer is yes, as they are drawn on BOI CG

Advertisement