Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help with hd dvi

• 12-08-2006 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hello

Ended up getting the LG RZ-27LZ55

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=319005

Anyway its HD Ready With DVI HDCP and was wondering how do I go about connecting a HDMI device to it, I dont care about having stereo sound as long as picture is in HD, where do I get these convertors and is there anything I have to do in order to connect it all up in HD otherwise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

have a look at www.maplin.co.uk - search for hdmi

You can buy cables (dvi on one end, hdmi on the other) or a plug converter to go on the end of an existing cable.

Stores in town (jervis) and blanch, you can ring and check for stock before you go in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

re you sure it is a DVI socket?

I have the 37" LZ55 and it has a HDMI socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

well like theres two white sockets, will check it further later, but yea its dvi it had not hdmi, didnt really feel bothered about sound, its dvi hdcp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Yea its a dvi input and rgb i think too, does the dvi act as a vga port?

• Advertisement

You probably need to have a look at this ,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVI

DVI can carry both a digital signal and an analog signal , but its not meant to do both at the same time ,

Anyway , for a HDMI to DVI connection you are going to be using the Digital part of the interface only , the analog part is the DVD A in the above link and when connecting from a HDMI source will in all likelihood not be used. ( of course this is assuming that your DVI connections are fully wired on the TV , for instance its possible one is wired only for RGB and one only for Digital , but you'll have to read your manual for that ! )

If you DVI connections accept RGB also then that means that you can probably use a 15 pin D sub to DVI converter to get a signal from a PC say , to the TV.

lol, im confused, Its a dvi port, yea, erm, its rgb as well, but whats the deal with VGA?

VGA just means Video graphics adaptor , it seems to have become standard to use VGA to describe the old 15 pin D connector for older graphics cards.
    Thats in terms of connectors now ,

DVI is digital but has a built in backward compatibility for the old VGA connector , thats all.

Right so its acts as both, and rgb?

I just hope the tv works with 360, what cable does come with premium, I am a tad confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

with premium you get the component/composite cable
    PA.58340.001.jpg
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-de-49-en-70-190k.html

it contains a switch at the xbox side to switch between hd(component) and sd(composite,yellow cable)
    Audio is via stereo component or optical out

so id just get component to dvi convertor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

shortys94 wrote:
    so id just get component to dvi convertor

no, you plug the red/green/blue component plugs into the red/green/blue component sockets on the tv.

Component is HD.

L.

Sorry I didnt know I had component input, I just found out I do, thats good.

Advertisement