Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long Eyelashes

• 12-08-2006 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I'm a guy and I have long eyelashes. Most girls complement me on them but I'm wondering do girls find long eyelashes attractive in a man or do they think it's a bit feminine?

This is a question for the girls but lads can add their opinions too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Long eyelashes are lovely on men. Very attractive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Long eyelashes in a man are very attractive. My partner has them and I absolutely love them and they are one of the things that attracted me to him. There is also nothing nicer than getting tickled with a guys eyelashes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Long eyelashes on men are lovely. However, I am just a teeny bit jealous of some of my male friends because they have longer eyelashes than me and that just doesn't see fair :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Long eyelashes are sexy. They make me want to take their owner to bed!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My eyelashes are quite long, or full, or smething.
    Don't get any compliments, used to get, 'I wish I had your eyelashes' from women, all the freakin' time growing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Long eyelashes on men are very sexy so be grateful daveyjoe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My boyfriend has very long eyelashes too, and I completely adore them. You shouldnt be complaining OP, the ladies love them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

LadyJ wrote:
    Long eyelashes are sexy. They make me want to take their owner to bed!
    Thanks everybody :) I always wondered whether girls thought they were nice/cute or if they thought that they were sexy. LadyJ's comment helped me reach my conclusion ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If you are luckier than me, girls won't spit in your eyes shouting, 'pluck your eyelashes ladyboy'. :(

yeah I love long eyelashes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Long eyelashes are very sexy!! Eyelashes aren't an issue, eyebrows on the other hand....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

What if you have only one big one? (eyebrow)

Like a certain high up memeber of boards, giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Now tar, don't be mean

Pff, he's much more of an oil painting than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

If you are luckier than me, girls won't spit in your eyes shouting, 'pluck your eyelashes ladyboy'. :(
    NEVER pluck your eyelashes!! Long lashes on a man are super sexy, I'm all about the eyes anyway, if a bloke doesn't have nice eyes I don't like it.:( My brother has the longest darkest eyelashes I've ever seen on anyone, he's so lucky:(
    If on the other hand you have ott brows then you should keep them in check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

It seems that long eyelashes come hand-in-hand with short-sightedness. According to my opitician and numerous make-up artists anyway. Means that when I'm buying glasses I have to make sure that the lashes don't hit the lenses, which can get annoying when all of the nice ones end up too close to my eyes.

Long eyelashes are nice on everyone imo, they just create a nice frame for eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

my bro has really long eyelashes and thought they were real girly cos all the girls said they would love lashes like that so he trims them with a nail scissors - madness

my bro has really long eyelashes and thought they were real girly cos all the girls said they would love lashes like that so he trims them with a nail scissors - madness
    Yeah I get the "I wish I had eyelashes like yours" thing as well. That's what prompted me to ask the question really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Mine are kinda long too, so the girls are always like Ugh, im so jealous

so that used to pi55 me off, cos i thought they were sayin I look like a chick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 murrayeel

girls go frenzy with long eyelashes..so be thankful you've got one!:cool:

murrayeel wrote:
    girls go frenzy with long eyelashes..so be thankful you've got one!:cool:
    Actually I got a pair of 'em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Kolodny wrote:
    I am just a teeny bit jealous of some of my male friends because they have longer eyelashes than me and that just doesn't see fair :)

It's evolution. Men need longer eyelashes to keep dust etc out of our eyes when we're sawing wood or jackhammering the pavement or other such manly activities.

Why just the other day, as I drilled a hole in the masonry to put up some shelves I had constructed, I found that my long eyelashes did an excellent job of keeping my eyes grit-free!

Advertisement