Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog walker needed - Bray area

Options
  • 12-08-2006 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi all

I need help finding a reliable, responsible, experienced etc dog walker as soon as possible.

I had been using someone great but doe to family circimstances she's unavailable for a while. It's not for everyday - just some days when I can't get home at lunchtime cos I have to travel for work.

I've tried the petshops and vets, and the few numbers I got either lived too far away or simply seemed too young/inexperienced. This would be someone I would be giving a key of my house to and trusting with my beloved one year old westie, so I'd want references.

I don't mind paying good money for someone I can trust and who will be kind to and careful with my dog.

So if anyone here knows of someone in the business, I'd really appreciate your help. At the moment i'm avoiding travel in work cos I have to get home to him at lunchtime for a quick walk etc, and my boss is not exactly understanding.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

http://www.walkies.ie/html/splash.html

http://www.houndabout.ie/

http://www.safehandspetcare.ie/services.php

hope one of the links is of help - otherwise check out www.irishanimals.ie the list recommended services :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Goffie

Thanks, Tabitharose, I'll phone all three tomorrow :) .

I'm not sure if they'll come as far as Bray, but it's worth a try.

If anyone else can help or knows of a dog walker (or someone who uses one) in Bray/Greystones I'd be glad of the help

Cheers
    Goffie

No luck, Bray is too far out :(

Hoping someone can help??? Please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Goffie wrote:
    No luck, Bray is too far out :(

Hoping someone can help??? Please?

Are Bray dogs rougher than normal dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

joejoem wrote:
    Are Bray dogs rougher than normal dogs?
    You bet they are ... GRRRRRR :)

Anyhoo ... I remember seeing an advert in the week before last's Wicklow Times (local free door to door rag) for an outfit called Pause Doggie Day Care which described themselves as a "Boarding/Walking Service and Small Pet Minding" phone 086 216 0528. I get the impression it's more of an alternative to putting your dog in kennels, but it might be worth a call, and if they're advertising in the Wicklow Times, I'm sure they can cope with Bray dogs as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

Hiya, I'm living in Bray and very much a dog lover. My family has recently moved back to Canada taking our dog, Moose, with them. I miss her terribly and would love to get my own dog, but living alone and working all day and sometimes away on business rules this out. I firmly believe young dogs need and deserve lots of love and attention. I'd be more than happy to take your dog out for regular walks- I could do with the exercise anyway!

Thanks, Alun, I'll give them a call and see if they can cope with my 'rough' Bray dog!:D
    Teamhair - just pm'd you

Cheers, Alun, I may just be sorted! She lives in Bray and boards a dog from my estate, so easy to get a reference then. Don't want to hand over the key of the house without checking her out first.

If she's good I can use her as well my usual (well, only twice so far) boarder who's a vet nurse and always booked up well in advance.

Fingers crossed and thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Goffie wrote:
    Cheers, Alun, I may just be sorted! She lives in Bray and boards a dog from my estate, so easy to get a reference then. Don't want to hand over the key of the house without checking her out first.

If she's good I can use her as well my usual (well, only twice so far) boarder who's a vet nurse and always booked up well in advance.

Fingers crossed and thanks again :D
    Great! Glad to have been of some use. I knew my ability to retain useless information would come in use some day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mantari

why would you get a dog if you knew you didn't have the time to walk it yourself?

• Advertisement

mantari - I walk my dog - not that it's any of your business - at 7.30am, at midday, a long walk in the evening and a last walk at 10pm.

My husband also walks him, he works shifts.

OCCASIONALLY I have to travel a distance for work reasons, and since I wont leave my dog alone for longer than 2-3 hours, I need to have someone to call on. Similar situation in case of a family emergency which happened earlier this year.

It's more responsible to have backup set in place.

Please do not comment on what you know nothing about. My dog is far from neglected, as your comment implies, and we thought long and hard before getting a dog and bend over backwards to give him a happy life with all the love and walks he needs.

Alun, you're a star! But then you do live in Bray:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lourodge

Hi Alun/Goffie,

do you or anybody else know of dog walkers in the Cork area?

thanks
    Lou

Advertisement