Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your favourite position?

• 12-08-2006 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭

I tend to sleep on my stomache most often. There is, supposedly, a correlation between this position and hidden aggression. (Me? Hidden aggression?!)

What position do you most often sleep in?

Ref: http://www.dribbleglass.com/sleep/sleep1.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Back, I think. I move alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm normally too busy sleeping to take note...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Curled up embryonically on my side sometimes, but usually on my stomach with an arm under the pillow.

Pillowless at the moment though. In more ways than one:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

on my front, one arm under pillow, opposite leg curled up, wrapped in duvet. comfy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

;) On top!:D :p:) :rolleyes: :o :mad: :( :eek: :cool: :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

usually like this....

7.jpg

:D

but seriously, like this woman except im a man and not pregnant:D

pregnancy_sleep_270.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

on my side (after hours of tossing and turning) generally w/ my legs adn arms wrapped around the duvet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

On my left side, legs slightly curled and usually hugging one of my pillows if I'm at home (Childhood habit :)). And if I'm not I tend to sleep with my arms kinda folded across my chest :/ Waking up with two dead arms is not very pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

When I do actually get some sleep, it would be laying on my back with arms crossed over each other or folded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Most often on my back if a peaceful sleep, but all over the place if not. Nightmare beds sometimes look like war zones afterwards, and occasionally I end up on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Ruu wrote:
    When I do actually get some sleep, it would be laying on my back with arms crossed over each other or folded.
    in your coffin ruu:)

i have to sleep on my stomach or i cant get to sleep at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Start off lying curled on my right side but by the morning usually lying on my front with one arm down by my side and one arm on the pillow (won't put it under the pillow in case spiders lurking under there - happened once in my childhood, horrible memory :eek: )

I take up about 1/8 of the bed when my b/friend is away my 2 dogs creep out of their boxes about 5am and hope I won't notice them curled up against me. Lovely in the winter as they are like extra hot water bottles, no good in the hot weather though so they tend to get banished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

I go to sleep on my stomach, with my right arm under the pillow and my left leg raised. If I don't wake the same way, I'll wake on my back with both arms above my head, left leg raised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

usually on my side, but have woken up on my front/back aswell, it just depends on the night I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

It depends on if Hubby has the night off work and is in bed when I fall asleep or not as to whether I sleep on my side or on my back.
    I don't move much while I sleep. I wake up the way I fell asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

county wrote:
    in your coffin ruu:)

i have to sleep on my stomach or i cant get to sleep at all

I know. :) Just can't sleep any other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

On my stomach, I cannot fall asleep unless i'm om my front. Then I cocoon my body in the duvet, although a spanner has been flung into the works now due to me sharing a bed with my wonderful fine ass woman.

Now I can only cocoon half my body!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Varies. Sometimes my favourite position would be for me to be in the centre of the bed on my back clutching my pillow on top of me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

On my side, with my legs curled up and my arms hugging the duvet.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

on my stomache, right arm under pillow (that falls asleep and then wakes me up numb) left arm hugging another pillow, left leg bent up towards my chest and right leg stretched out...
    anyone up for some twister? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Legs curled up, kinda foetal position, on my left side....and completely under the duvet, which is usually tucked around me. If I sleep any other way, I move too much and fall out of bed in my sleep...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

oh, did i mention that my feet can not be covered by the blanket or what have you? I cant sleep unless my feet are out in the open...wierd huh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

In the foetal position but I see when I'm in better humour I don;t sleep quite so curled up.
    If I'm sharing a bed, with the other person behind me. Think it's a pride thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

usually curled up in a ball when im actually sleeping but when just lying in bed i do the star shape take up as much room as possibble.

Advertisement