Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice?

Options
  • 13-08-2006 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Ok, this is it.
    Bought a camera for 228 euro yesterday in Dixons tallaght.
    Couldnt read the specs properly (I use a wheelchair and camera was on display behind counter so all the tiny print was unreadable).
    There was a very slight difference in the look of the camera to the one I thought it was (nothing visable till you open the box and read).
    I asked for it, he got the box, put it in the bag and home I went.
    Had opened the box before I realised.

Dixons dont stock the model I had mistaken it for.
    Bringing it back tomorrow (sun), have reciept, and all is perfect except the box was opened (seal had to be opened to open box), literally, the box was opened, took camera out of box, put camera straight back into box and closed.
    Do I have to accecpt a credit note or can I ask for a refund?

b

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Ask for the refund, you might get lucky. But I dont think they have to give you one if the box is opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

The only thing that shows its been opened is the security seal dixons put on it to set off that beeper alarm in the doorway.

I hope to god they do refund, otherwise I'm left with a camera I really dont need. :(

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

In that case they could probably just stick another security seal and it would be good to go I suppose

Best of Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 joey tallaght

Dixons operate a 7 day refund policy on all goods and services and if the good is faulty you are covered by the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 they are a helpfull bunch in dixons tallaght im always pleased with the service they give anyway.
    hope this helps

Advertisement