Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flatout 2

Options
  • 13-08-2006 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd let you guys and gals know: the EU version has Starforce, but the US version has Securom:D

I think the DVD version is the Starforce one, and the 5CD version is Securom, but I could be wrong.

For those who don't know what I'm on about: Starforce installs stuff on your PC, without your consent, and may totally **** up your PC, and is a complete bitch to remove.

I had to do a repair reinstall of Windows after putting on Trackmania: Sunrise (which has Starforce), so I'm not just telling some myth.

Play.com is proberly the EU version, so Ebay I think may be the only option.

=-=

OT, but this may be a turning point. Starforce being replaced by another, better, copyright protection, instead of Starforce, will hopefully lead to Starforce getting pulled from other games. Ubisoft seems to have stopped using it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

fair play to them, it's about time devs and publishers started standing up to this malware ****e!
    hopefully ubisoft don't put starforks on the pc version of resi4, i'd be tempted to cancel my preorder if that's the case...

is the game itself any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Ubisoft have stopped using Starforce so there should be no problems with RE4.

Different publishers are releasing Flatout 2 in the US and EU, which is why there is a difference in protection.

I got the game a couple of days ago and I'm loving every minute. Its much faster and less frustrating than the first one. This one is much more like burnout with more mayhem and better crashes :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Starforce is a pile of piss for these reasons;

1-Its no harder to crack then any other protection program

2-Its can break users pc's if they are not doing anything wrong

3-It screwed up 2 windows installs for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I got the game a couple of days ago and I'm loving every minute. Its much faster and less frustrating than the first one. This one is much more like burnout with more mayhem and better crashes :D:D
    loving it so far myself as well, only really playable in short doses though.
    reminds me of destruction derby raw quite a bit so far

Advertisement