Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are ya buying your Season 2 (7 Disc Set) from?

• 13-08-2006 7:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Well there's this option Im looking at (same as last year IIRC): http://www2.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=363921

Where are you ordering from for value Vs delivery costs Vs reliability? There was a huge debate on this forum this time last year for CDWOW, Play and Amazon amongst others.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Well there's this option Im looking at (same as last year IIRC): http://www2.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=363921

Where are you ordering from for value Vs delivery costs Vs reliability? There was a huge debate on this forum this time last year for CDWOW, Play and Amazon amongst others.

I hope and pray that you're taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Eh?

There's also this option http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1094248/Lost_Complete_Season_2_Box_Set/Product.html

slightly more expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just remember..

.. we promised never to speak again of the 'CDWOW Pending Stock' incident of 2005! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Just go with the tried and tested Amazon; will ship prior to release date and generally takes 5-8 business days to get here.

• Advertisement

RonanC wrote:
    Just go with the tried and tested Amazon; will ship prior to release date and generally takes 5-8 business days to get here.

Any extra charges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

qz wrote:
    Any extra charges?

If you choose normal shipping, no. I've only ever been hit for customs when getting items shipped via DHL.

basquille wrote:
    Just remember..

.. we promised never to speak again of the 'CDWOW Pending Stock' incident of 2005! :D

lol, I remember that.

Looks like we need a poll. Could a Mod add? Amazon, CDWOW, Play etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

bunch of fags, who gives a **** where your buying your dvd
    ur a waste of bandwith. with your ****ty threads all the time pull my finger
    why dont you go pull your cock !!
    **off now to Exil island**

Are you a banned poster or an angry CDWOW employee?

Hmmmm - I think that was that looper who had the spoilers without the spoiltags last season ..... whatshisface? :)

Anyhoo - poll please Steve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

Have gone with Amazon myself ...IIRC it was approx $45 inc shipping and fingers crossed it ships without customs taking an interest.

Incidentally an email came from www.movietyme.com today saying they have season 2 in stock and shipping NOW for £30.99, I got season 1 from them last year with no probs/customs!

samo wrote:
    Incidentally an email came from www.movietyme.com today saying they have season 2 in stock and shipping NOW for £30.99, I got season 1 from them last year with no probs/customs!

Was just about to post that. Works out at €45.70. Not sure about other charges (if any)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

qz wrote:
    Was just about to post that. Works out at €45.70. Not sure about other charges (if any)

Postage is free (well it was last year when I ordered ;) ) to Ireland and there were not any other charges, they posted it within the UK as well on that occasion so no customs and had it within about 3 days of postage which was good.

Gonna stick with Amazon though as works out at approx €35 inc shipping which I think is under the exemption limit anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Summer is almost over so once again I return to the boards.ie lost forum.

After learning an important lesson last year I ordered mine from playusa.com. And happy days... they posted it yesterday!

And I guess I spoke too soon. 2 weeks later and it still hasn't arrived.

Anyone order a copy from playusa.com and receive it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

monomaniac wrote:
    And I guess I spoke too soon. 2 weeks later and it still hasn't arrived.

Anyone order a copy from playusa.com and receive it yet?

That sucks, maybe some delivery man is having a laugh. And a watch of them scenes that reveal the hidden mysteries of..... arsés! Good for him.

I wonder is it worth all the hype.

Haha - my thoughts exactly.

Playusa.com are decent enough to send me out another copy though. Should have it by xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Hey people...

I have never bought dvds (or anything really) off the internet so I was wondering...

If I'm buying a dvd off a non-Irish site (eg playusa.com) will they ship to ireland the dvds they play over in america. ie will the regions be different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I would think the regions would be of the originated country. I.e the country the disc was printed.

I would think the regions would be of the originated country. I.e the country the disc was printed.

thanks..but then how come people are saying they've bought theirs on 'wherever' if they (presumably) live in ireland and so have irish dvd players! :confused:

• Advertisement

Easy, they don't have Irish DVD players, they have multiregion ones. I have a portable player which turned out to be multiregional, so I can hook it up to the telly and watch it on the big screen.

I think Argos have them going cheap (standard multi-region players) if you're looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

I´ll be buying it sampe place as i got the 1st one,

FNAC

http://www.fnac.es/dsp/?servlet=extended.HomeExtendedServlet&Code1=919779270&Code2=228&prodID=601846

should have tinyurl´d this but site was down sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

berengar wrote:

FNAC
    Visited that FNAC store in Barcelona when i was there last month alright.. there's quite a few.

Didn't find stuff that cheap in there though.. the CD / DVD department at the top of El Corte Ingles off Passeig La Gracia had much better value i though.

qz wrote:
    Easy, they don't have Irish DVD players, they have multiregion ones. I have a portable player which turned out to be multiregional, so I can hook it up to the telly and watch it on the big screen.

I think Argos have them going cheap (standard multi-region players) if you're looking.

*hits herself in the head*

Never even thought of that! Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

If only I was in Paris when S2 is released. Galeries Lafayette sold me S1 for €50, and that had English on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

basquille wrote:
    Just remember..

Did I promise that??? :p Because I am getting hit with the same crap again. This time however it is with the West Wing Season 7. I ordered 8th of this month,got an e-mail saying it would be delayed until the 18th,and today I got another e-mail saying it would be delayed until the 27th. If I get another one I will got insane. But its just so cheap :P Only 47 euro, 64 on play.com and 85 in the shops. I'm a student...I can't afford the extra 17 euro :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

bunch of fags, who gives a **** where your buying your dvd
    ur a waste of bandwith. with your ****ty threads all the time pull my finger
    why dont you go pull your cock !!
    **off now to Exil island**
    Banned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Hmmmm - I think that was that looper who had the spoilers without the spoiltags last season ..... whatshisface? :)

Anyhoo - poll please Steve!
    For some reason I ain't got an "Add a poll" option :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Just wondering about ordering from the playusa.com site.

Do they charge delivery to Ireland and do you have to pay Customs?

Regards,
    Q

• Advertisement

quazzy wrote:
    Just wondering about ordering from the playusa.com site.

Do they charge delivery to Ireland and do you have to pay Customs?

Regards,
    Q

No and yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

monomaniac wrote:
    No and yes.

I'm assuming its No to delivery and Yes to Customs.

Don't supp[ose you know what the Customs and Excise charge is?

Yeah it is - sorry posted that in a bit of a hurry yesterday. The customs charge is usually around €6. Sometimes you can get lucky and not have to pay it - it would just get delivered without a charge/collection.

It all depends on how the company packages it - if customs think's it's a gift (for whatever reason) there can be no custom charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I can recommend the Tyme Group if anyone hasn't used 'em before. Good for R1 shipping from the UK (so obviously no customs charges.) www.movietyme.com - ordered Lost s2 Region 1 on the 14th of September, received it on the 20th, with an email to say it had dispatched on the 18th.
    Total €44, so considering Amazon.com's additional charge for postage, it probably worked out the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

berengar wrote:

FNAC

http://www.fnac.es/dsp/?servlet=extended.HomeExtendedServlet&Code1=919779270&Code2=228&prodID=601846

should have tinyurl´d this but site was down sorry!

Does this DVD actually have Perdidos written on the box? Some non-English origin DVDs also can have the origin language (in this case Spanish) as the default audio, or forcing foreign subtitles on (often over-riding, which can require the default menus to be tweaked), but that may not be the case with
    the higher profile sets.

Advertisement