Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atheists biggest threat to the world.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Hobbes wrote:
    http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/2006/08/if_you_dont_lik.html#comments

According to a poll in the US atheists rank as the least trusted minority. Even below muslims + immigrants.

Funny to watch.

Interesting. I was intrigued to hear there where Atheist Churches! What happens at these churches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

What happens at these churches?
    Nobody goes to them, but at least they don't feel guilty about it afterwards... :)

Merrion wrote:
    What happens at these churches?
    Nobody goes to them, but at least they don't feel guilty about it afterwards... :)

Guess it proves the point.

Just want to stick this up before anyone gets it wrong. Merrions post was not edited. The following PM has been sent and my old mouse is back in action. damn technology.

Merrion
    I am sorry about that sign that says edit. I have just been given a present of a can-do-everything new programable mouse that seems to have a life of its own, The mouse has been captured and is back in its box.
    My apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭John Doe

Strange things be a-happenin when I click that link. It's probably just my spyware-ridden computer, but it keeps linking me to a doc rather than a video when I select the quicktime symbol.

• Advertisement

John Doe wrote:
    Strange things be a-happenin when I click that link. It's probably just my spyware-ridden computer, but it keeps linking me to a doc rather than a video when I select the quicktime symbol.
    It took me a long time to have the video pop up. I also noticed it uses quicktime 7.0. Download it to your desktop and run VLC or something else. It is an interesting clip. Have to say I loved the comment "If you dont like walking around with money that has in God we trust written on it, move to another country. Sheeesh, a dumb ass reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

This sort of thing always makes me wonder if I'm doing enough. I should be more active - subverting, terrorising, destroying the moral fabric of society, de yada de yada.

I'v always been hugely tempted by the idea of an atheist church, both as a physical building and as a religious organisation - Church of the Unknown God (©2006!) or the like, with a big empty vaulted building to sit in and think about the pointlessness. Occasional sermons by Dawkins, perhaps, although he's not to my taste. Sermons by atheists, anyway. Anyone have a really rich atheist friend?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote:
    Anyone have a really rich atheist friend?
    cordially,
    Scofflaw

I'm working on it, just need to wait till my wife is not around to reclaim my credit cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Sure thing Im a big threat to dumb-asses who run the world

Here I am mother-fu(ker

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm sceptical about this atheist church idea. I mean, why?

Whatever about have a society that has it's own building, it just isn't a church no matter how you claim it. The government is right to continually reject their tax status IMO.

Funsterdelux lay off the redbull.

• Advertisement

I'm not rite in the head

Funsterdelux lay off the redbull.

aaaah, but it gives one wings.....

aaaah, but it gives one wings.....
    It'll give you a holiday if you misquote me again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Man those christians are very poor at thinking outside the box!
    America, religously, strikes as a terrifying place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

stevejazzx wrote:
    Man those christians are very poor at thinking outside the box!
    America, religously, strikes as a terrifying place.
    Intellectually, a third world country.

*opinion will not be defended*

It'll give you a holiday if you misquote me again. :)

Now that you mention it, I do need a holiday, sorry but I couldnt resist.

The first and last temptation of Funsterdelux.

The first and last temptation of Funsterdelux.
    Down with that sort of thing. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Go team atheist!

Take eet mooslims!11!! All your base are belong to us!11 >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I'm sceptical about this atheist church idea. I mean, why?

Whatever about have a society that has it's own building, it just isn't a church no matter how you claim it. The government is right to continually reject their tax status IMO.

It's just...funnier, really, if it's a church (in the sense of religion). The right building, obviously, also makes a difference....the Unitarian Chruch on Stephen's Green would be lovely!

wistfully,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement