Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapid cabs customer service has gone bad

Options
  • 13-08-2006 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Ive been using this taxi service in waterford for a good number of years now and have had no real cause to complain until now, 3 times this week they have been late and as a consequence I have been late for work and its no fault of the drivers its the operators in the office that have gone atrocious

I have had excuses ranging from

1) The traffics bad

to

2) hes 5 mins away just be patient

I always ring 1 hour in advance of the taxi being needed so they have plenty of time to queue up a taxi and get it ready to come out to me, yet on tuesday they were 35 minutes late in picking me up which i find totally unacceptable, and taking it up with the operators is like banging your head against a brick wall, they dont give a ****, used to be a time when they did

Yesterday was the last straw, taxi was late again, and i said to the operator, you were late tuesday wednesday and now today, when i order a taxi I expect it to be here on time or at least 5-10 mins late but 35 minutes is just ridiculous,

His exact words were "Well not necessarily", as if they can give out the booking at anytime of there choosing and so long as your picked up they have supplied the service and be damned whether you late for work or not

Will be complaining to the owners on monday as for the rest of you dont go near this service cause atm it sucks, i dont think its to much to ask to have a taxi come out within a reasonable amount of time to get you where you want to go is it ?

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

shinzon wrote:
    as for the rest of you dont go near this service cause atm it sucks, i dont think its to much to ask to have a taxi come out within a reasonable amount of time to get you where you want to go is it ?

agree completely with you. they are terrible

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I find it annoying that anytime I seem to book them they arrive 10-20 min early, then they start bitching because I wasn't ready even though their the one's that are early

Again its the fault of the office :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Is there another crowd, or do they have a monopoly now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You book an hour before hand and they're still not there. That's disgraceful. It just shows that they're treating your booking like a normal call and when the time comes to collect you they just put it up like a normal call instead of saying it to a driver as soon as you ring.

I usually ring about 5 minutes before I need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

There's a few smaller crowds, but rapid have the monopoly. A taxi driver bringing me into work the other day said they had over 110 taxis in Waterford.

There's a small crowd, BA Cabs, they're grand, I think only 4 or 5 cars, but if you book in advance, they're usually there on the button.

I'll put up their number (I don't work for them or anything, just think it might be useful, even if you wanted to give them a once off go)

051-844744

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Fajitas! wrote:
    There's a few smaller crowds, but rapid have the monopoly. A taxi driver bringing me into work the other day said they had over 110 taxis in Waterford.

There's a small crowd, BA Cabs, they're grand, I think only 4 or 5 cars, but if you book in advance, they're usually there on the button.

I'll put up their number (I don't work for them or anything, just think it might be useful, even if you wanted to give them a once off go)

051-844744

Might just do that see how they go, tbh anything is better then rapid at the moment

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Cara Cabs advertise but I don't have their number

shinzon wrote:
    Might just do that see how they go, tbh anything is better then rapid at the moment

Shin

Lol, don't kill me if they don't work! I've never used'em in the morning!

Fajitas! wrote:

051-844744

Sure it doesn't matter how small the other crowds are. If you can order a taxi whenever you like and they get there on time, you don't have to deal with rapid anymore. :)

Ah yeah, but it can be harder to get a taxi last minute stylee. ;)

("sh*t, slept in, taxi taxi taxi!" situations)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bertegg

I'm new to this....boards.ie :) ....good fourms!!

I've been using Rapid Cabs for the past three years, stopped using another big local taxi company (8777 and a when) because cars were filty and was getting ripped off!....I think Rapid Cabs are a good cab company...always find them quick...and the ringback is great no more standing at the window waitin for a bloddy taxi.....where are you from shinzon (if you wanna say) is it in the city or a good bit out?

let us know how ya get on with the complaint with the managers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I never had any problems with getting taxis from Rapid when I used them, however I'd say a lot of the problems are due to the drivers themselves, as i'd say about 95% of the cars they have are private owners who are with the company to get extra business but do have their own pool of clients and then take office business whenever they have nothing better to do..

Was in a Rapid cab the other night chatting away to the driver and next thing a warning popped up on screen basically telling all drivers that if a driver doesnt do an office logged pickup within an hour they are logged off the system as being finished and gone home. Asked the driver about it and he said that some drivers come in, register on the system and then disappear for hours, so they had to put this in place.

So that kinda says it all to me, its the drivers that are the problem a lot of the time.

In saying that, bad customer service from the office doesnt help though..

Let us know how you get on with the complaint by the way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thats standard to call a cab in Tramore, and I thought it was just hacknes that were bad!

where are you from shinzon (if you wanna say) is it in the city or a good bit out?

viewmount

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

Sounds like the hackeneys in Dublin.I relied on them for a while to get me into work on the weekend and it used to be a ****ing Nightmare.

I moved closer to the job(within 3 miles) but I syll relied on the local Hackneys to get me in on Saturday and Sunday morning. What happened was the population of the vicinity started increasing and demand went up. I statrted from a situation where I would be guaranteed a cab in the morning and I would be the only passenger.This eventually changed to having to make pickups along the way or the cab would turn up with just one space for me. So you would be sharing a cab with four strangers and all of them going to different factories.One morning I had to share the cab with 2 scumbags who were drinking cans. You can imagine what it looked like getting out of the car.I got my own car not long after this.Maybe a similar thing is starting to happpen in Waterford with Rapid.You can always complaign to the carriage office in Dublin and supply them with plate numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

877710 never let me down.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

mike65 wrote:
    877710 never let me down.

Mike.
    Would have to agree with Mike. I use them most of the time except when I'm in a big hurry, then I use Rapid Cabs because their response time is the best in town!

My sister used to get Rapid Cabs to work every morning but were either 10minutes early or 10 minutes late! One time there was no sign of them and she rang and the operator assured her that a taxi was on the way. 10 minutes later she rang again and said he was around the corner, then she heard him whisper to a guy beside him to go. 5 mins later he arrived and when my sister asked what happened, he said that there was no taxi queued up on the system and he was just told to go there after my sister rang up for the 3rd time!

I can understand a mistake, but to lie about it would do no favours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Venivici

Regarding their customer Service, I complained one day after being left stranded in Tramore after a night in South. I had to get a Taxi for £20.
    I complained to the boss, but I was told I was Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!
    I won't ever use them again and regularly let my dog S**T in their plants outside.
    Satisfaction Guranteed! Ha.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Venivici

Try the Independent 'Deise Cabs' 051-820500
    They do informal Contracts, are small scale thus have a better approach to customers and have all new cars. I highly recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Cabaal wrote:
    I find it annoying that anytime I seem to book them they arrive 10-20 min early, then they start bitching because I wasn't ready even though their the one's that are early

Again its the fault of the office :mad:

Ya thats happened me the last few times I got them , they arrived about 15 minutes early an of course I wasnt ready so yer man starts bitching on and I explain hes early an then he gives some smart one about coming late next time :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I better give Rapid a bail out here, I ws just up at the WRH and could'nt get a conection for 877710 so phoned Rapid, they were out to me in 10 mins.

Mike.

Baby4 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

The taxi company that I was referring too where 877710, I had to stop using them because they were dirty and ripped me and a few family members off too...and when I tried to complain...lets just say I shouldn't have bothered :eek:

Venivici wrote:
    Try the Independent 'Deise Cabs' 051-820500
    They do informal Contracts, are small scale thus have a better approach to customers and have all new cars. I highly recommend them.

Informal quotes....sounds like illegal prices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

I think the two main taxi services in Waterford (8 777 10 and 85 85 85) are mostly crap ie. if you book early they come too early and if you let it 10 mins before you need the taxi its dead late. Its more than likely down to the office taking bookings and not scheduling them in properly. Also not being honest with the customer. They always say "a couple of minutes". I've been using a small scale firm now for many years and they are brilliant. Sound out guys driving that will actually smile and are civil and if you ring them they'll tell you if they will be 5, 10 or 20 mins. I can't recommend them because I want to keep them for myself. :p

I think the two main taxi services in Waterford (8 777 10 and 85 85 85) are mostly crap ie. if you book early they come too early and if you let it 10 mins before you need the taxi its dead late. Its more than likely down to the office taking bookings and not scheduling them in properly. Also not being honest with the customer. They always say "a couple of minutes". I've been using a small scale firm now for many years and they are brilliant. Sound out guys driving that will actually smile and are civil and if you ring them they'll tell you if they will be 5, 10 or 20 mins. I can't recommend them because I want to keep them for myself. :p

How very civic minded of you.

well im happy to report normal service has resumed so far, both yesterday and today taxis were on time and ready to collect me

Now i didnt put in a complaint so either others have or they saw this thread will keep you updated and see where we are at the end of the week

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

bertegg with each one of his 3 posts in this one thread....did you sign up just to defend Rapid Cabs? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

bertegg with each one of his 3 posts in this one thread....did you sign up just to defend Rapid Cabs? :rolleyes:

Was thinking along the same lines myself;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭waterford mma

the following is the reply i got when i sent in a complaint about being a euro overcharged. taxi was late, i was just having a **** morning and that extra euro topped it all off

Dear Mr. Nolan,

With respect to your complaint below please not that we do not tolerate this under any circumstances within our company and we would like to apologise for this occurrence, as you can see from our website (http://www.rapidcabs.com/Taxi%20Prices.htm) pricing section, we deem this action by drivers very seriously. As a result I will be investigating this matter personally and will have an apology from the driver and the company within the next hour along with a full refund of your taxi as stated in our “complaints procedure” regarding overcharging, also please note that this driver will also be severely reprimanded and we can guarantee that this will not happen again.

I hope that this is to your satisfaction and we would also like to offer you a taxi home from work today with our compliments and I would be more than grateful if you could inform me what time you will be finished work today, and we will have the driver pick up your refund in the office prior to picking you up.

Once again, apologies for this overcharging incident.

Yours truly,

Eric O'Brien

Sent: 24 February 2006 09:26
    To: info@rapidcabs.com
    Subject: complaint

Advertisement