Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapid cabs customer service has gone bad

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Aagggghhhh, I made the mistake of clicking on their website! God above, do they still make em like that? And what the hell is a 'Hacney'?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

....we would also like to offer you a taxi home from work today with our compliments and I would be more than grateful if you could inform me what time you will be finished work today, and we will have the driver pick up your refund in the office prior to picking you up.

Seems reasonable enough alright. Nice touch.

Website is very basic and could do with a bit of updating.. lots of info on fare etc.. never even knew they had one, should put it on their taxis..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

And what the hell is a 'Hacney'

A hackney doesnt have a metre in the car, and has no plate on the roof, just a yellow plate located on the bumper somewhere

And as for my situation seems that everything is still running smoothly, there coming out to me on time again

So happy tbh

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JPaul

ok! well i work in rapid cabs..
    and right now im laughin at most
    of these posts..jazus like no need
    to get carried away...
    granted most of ye prob have had little
    experiences of difficulty with our office
    and with that if your going to write on
    this bout what happend, then dont be
    adding your own little bits onto it
    no one wants to be your hearing lies!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Did you happen to look at the dates of these posts. Well over a year ago. So if you joined up just to post on this topic you sort of wasted you time.

With an attitude like that, I cant see you lasting too long here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

..... and Mr Rapid Cab Driver/whatever, what's with beeping horns outside a house early morning when ye turn up early..... ? No need for that !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Note to poster: Learn how to type.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

JPaul wrote:
    to get carried away...
    no one wants to be your hearing lies![/QUOTE]

First off I used to work in a taxi office , so I Know the story of passing on jobs ,refusing jobs, and best of all the famous " INNER CIRCLE " .
    The stories on here are not been exaggerated . 9 times out of 10 late cars are down too the office as the drivers can and have shown me (thanks to your tech system in the car ) the times they received the jobs, usually five to ten mins before they arrive, This after god knows when you have actually rang the office which could be anything like 20-30 mins before.
    And your attitude on here reflects the attitude and the problem with your office and staff. FIRST POST ,CALL EVERYBODY LIARS
    Really shows the high standard and customer care training that Rapid staff receive

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

JPaul wrote:
    to get carried away...

Just so yuo know txt speak is not allowed on most of boards.ie :)
    Please please point out what lies people are saying here, I'm very interested to see.

I've also seen that the office regularly gets the pickup times wrong and I've seen proof of this on the display in the taxi, mistakes can happen but the office should work on making sure that the data they give to there taxi's is correct :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

JPaul wrote:
    to get carried away...
    again.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blacksheep53

ROCKMAN wrote:
      JPaul wrote:
      to get carried away...
      no one wants to be your hearing lies![/QUOTE]

First off I used to work in a taxi office , so I Know the story of passing on jobs ,refusing jobs, and best of all the famous " INNER CIRCLE " .
      The stories on here are not been exaggerated . 9 times out of 10 late cars are down too the office as the drivers can and have shown me (thanks to your tech system in the car ) the times they received the jobs, usually five to ten mins before they arrive, This after god knows when you have actually rang the office which could be anything like 20-30 mins before.
      And your attitude on here reflects the attitude and the problem with your office and staff. FIRST POST ,CALL EVERYBODY LIARS
      Really shows the high standard and customer care training that Rapid staff receive
      Rockman you hit the nail on the head. The Inner Circle is the place to be in rapid cabs.If you are a member you get all the good and long jobs.Iwas never a member as Iwould not pay the entery fee. If jpaul works for rapid he will know very well how it all works as he would have been trained in by the best of them.The customer is always wrong and they are always right, some customer service if you know what I mean.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

seens as people have reopened this thread, was charged the 2 euro callout charge again on saturday coming home from work and as this is on there website under the taxi price tab
      TAXI PRICING

From the 25th October Rapid Cabs

will no longer be charging the €2 Booking Fee!!

I think its taking a liberty beyond measure tbh, i know they have no control over there taxis as they dont own em all, but for god sake if you advertise something like that then stick to it FFS, and for people like jpaul who dont believe what people write on here about the company i have the receipt right here in front of me

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Rockman you hit the nail on the head. The Inner Circle is the place to be in rapid cabs.If you are a member you get all the good and long jobs.Iwas never a member as Iwould not pay the entery fee. If jpaul works for rapid he will know very well how it all works as he would have been trained in by the best of them.The customer is always wrong and they are always right, some customer service if you know what I mean.;)

Welcome to the dark side blacksheep53 .And with posts of this quality I can see you having a great future there :D:D

Back to topic , as an ex rapid driver as you stated, could you explain the standard of service..
      Is it arrogant i.e we are so big that people will have to use us in time anyway
      or
      Just very bad staff attitude i.e lack of training ( customer care etc )

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rapid_knacker_dog

I tried to ring this place to inform them about an upcoming party and if they will drop from point A to point B. I figured they would be happy to hear that 35+ people will need their service tomorrow. However, instead I was met with the man on the phone speaking over me, questioning my friends and my own level of intelligence and refused to give a straight answer before hanging up the phone. There was nobody else to speak with there so I had to resort to letting others know that the dog barking down the other side of the phone only wants your money so he can get his next fix before taking the next call! Lesson learned - don't expect someone that hates their own life to bare yours. Good for nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I've been into them before to order taxis. They absolutely are some dogs working there. No manners at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

And yet, 16/17 years later - they still in business.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

You can never do enough for the general public because it will just never be enough!

You'll never get it right & their journey is always & should be the first priority!

Tell 'em to buy a bike or to get the bus!

Be handy if they showed up on time or actually could get to your location. I suppose my gripe is with particular drivers, some of them don't seemed to know the city all to well or just got here.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Are you suggesting that they should be hiring more local drivers?

I'm suggesting that drivers should at least know the city if they are working within it as a taxi driver.

• Advertisement
    Advertisement