Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for somewhere to go on the 24th

• 13-08-2006 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

Im going to radiohead this month and am looking for somewhere to go afterwards with my mates. I havent been out in a long time so dont know any clubs, let alone with decent music.

Im into kind of light DnB, IDM, ambient. Is there any club that would play anything like that? On a thursday? And not full of scum?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Spunge wrote:
    Im going to radiohead this month and am looking for somewhere to go afterwards with my mates. I havent been out in a long time so dont know any clubs, let alone with decent music.

Im into kind of light DnB, IDM, ambient. Is there any club that would play anything like that? On a thursday? And not full of scum?

not another one who uses that silly term IDM :confused: 24th is a Thursaday nite so not a great selection to choose from,maybe check out Traffic on Middle Abbey St is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

jonny68 wrote:
    not another one who uses that silly term IDM :confused: 24th is a Thursaday nite so not a great selection to choose from,maybe check out Traffic on Middle Abbey St is your best bet.

I'll check it out, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jonny68 wrote:

If its Electric City @ Traffic you are talkin bout, then its moved now. To Wax. I believe its a residents night on the 24th. With Rian Ryan playing.

Actually Backlash who do be on here have a nite on Thursday do they not?

http://www.backlash.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

We do, thanks Johnny
    & we have guys called MSTRKRFT (DFA 1979) DJing, along with Jon Averill
    who's birthday party it is that night so should be a decent aul night.
    Its in the basement of Rogue on Dame St (on the way towards the Olympia)

Here's one of their (MSTRKRFT) videos...

189379813_55e84f05fb_m.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-kBYm3orog
    &
    http://www.gangassets01.com/mstrkrft/WOY-320.mov

Kinda reminds me of Transformers,
    wonder what Optimus Prime & Starscream are up to these days?

www.backlash.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Good to see people are keeping it going after Radiohead. I'd say we'll be hitting Traffic after the gig as well - keeping it chilled and housey for the pre and post Daft Punk house parties the day after :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

jimi_t wrote:
    Good to see people are keeping it going after Radiohead. I'd say we'll be hitting Traffic after the gig as well - keeping it chilled and housey for the pre and post Daft Punk house parties the day after :)

Does traffic have a site or anything? can't find it through google or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Green Velvet are on in town after DP!

Who are green velvet now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

green velvet is on the 25th,
    Radiohead / MSTRKRFT are on the 24th

BACKLASH wrote:
    green velvet is on the 25th,
    Radiohead / MSTRKRFT are on the 24th

Jaysus Friday 25th is a busy one alright with Daft Punk,Green Velvet and Altern-8 on,Altern-8 for me though :cool:

Altern8 are playing !?!?!?
    That's me nicely sorted (as long as I can drag my friends along)

Advertisement