Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link exchanging

Options
  • 13-08-2006 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering, if you get backward links from an unrelated site that has a RP 4 rating or something like that, would that be as good as say a related site with a PR 3 rating or does it make a bigger difference than that?

Also, if anyones interested in a link exchange with my site (i can put your link on my poker site which has a PR2 rating http://www.irishpokeronline.com) it details are:
    Title: My Boss Lied
    URL: http://www.mybosslied.com
    Description: My Boss Lied is your opportunity to vent the frustrations or sing the praises of your daily working life.

PM me and i'll put up your link.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Swapping links directly is supposedly bad .... so your offer is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Seohelp

blacknight wrote:
    Swapping links directly is supposedly bad .... so your offer is pretty good

Hey Michelle.
    Do you have any conclusive prove of this are is it one of those many SEO myths?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's the "site network" theory ....

I've no idea how true that is, but if you get a load of links all of a sudden I can imagine it would look suspect

blacknight wrote:
    It's the "site network" theory ....

I've no idea how true that is, but if you get a load of links all of a sudden I can imagine it would look suspect

Get ya now.

I understand the whole link farm flag that Google would probably be monitoring for this one, but I feel that it would have to be fairly extreme to be penalized. Think about all of those directories that offer listings in exchange for a reciprocal link.

I really think that it can't hurt as long as it is done in a limited fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Hi,

I was wondering, if you get backward links from an unrelated site that has a RP 4 rating or something like that, would that be as good as say a related site with a PR 3 rating or does it make a bigger difference than that?

Anyone?

Also, one of my sites had a PR rating of 2 with only 36 links to it but then ive seen other sites with hundreds of links to them and still have a 0 PR rating. Im all confused now, anyone know what the google PR rating is based on?

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Bananna man
    Hi,

The best way of finding this out for certain is to test it yourself. I don't want to seem like I'm giving you a short answer, but the simple fact is that PR benefit seems to cloud a lot of peoples judgement when it comes to conducting a link building campaign.

Think about it this way. If you have a link from a related site with a lower PR then there is a much better chance of generating traffic (visitors) from this related site rather than an unrelated site.
    What happens next is that people visit your site and if they feel like it is interesting, informative, funny, etc. then there is a good chance they will tell others about you and your website. They might even link to your website in a forum, a blog, from their website. At the end of it all you might have a couple of links gained from this activity. These links might be of high PR value, but once again, does it matter? Absolutely not. Because these links will be from sites that are related to your website subject matter and they will hopefully continue to send more traffic your way.

Seriously, try not to care about PR. Just try to get the word out. PR will take care of itself if you have a good site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Hi,

Also, if anyones interested in a link exchange with my site (i can put your link on my poker site which has a PR2 rating http://www.irishpokeronline.com) it details are:
    Title: My Boss Lied
    URL: http://www.mybosslied.com
    Description: My Boss Lied is your opportunity to vent the frustrations or sing the praises of your daily working life.

PM me and i'll put up your link.

These days links from unrelated sites are pretty much useless in white hat. People were buying and selling text links from high PR sites and Google had to stop it. A link from the related PR2 would be way more effective. Some sites that have a PR0 but many inbound links when you check on Yahoo could have been banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

How do you find out what your PR rating is?

dshakey wrote:

Here's a free tool from selfseo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

dshakey wrote:
    Download the google toolbar for IE or Firefox and you can select it as one of the options.

It will show you the PR rank of every page you visit.

I have to say its strangely addictive :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement