Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will history show that 9/11 was the start of WW3 ??

• 13-08-2006 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭

As we approach the 5th anniversary of 9/11, we look back on a day where our world changed incredibly. Since then we have seen the world become incredibly unstable, a war in Afganhistan, a war in Iraq, terrorist attacks on Spain and UK and many more significant events. Over the past month we have seen an escalation in this violence, and Israeli Lebanon conflict lasting in excess of a month to date, a plot to carry out a 9/11 5 years on. As a peace deal is supposedly only days away from being brokered which will attempt to cure the severe violence in the middleast even the most left wing on lookers will agree that peace in the middleeast is further away
    than ever. As we approach a crucial date on the calender, August 22nd i would urge the world to pay particular attention to events in the middleeast and terrorist plot across the world. On this mammoth anniversary in the Islamic world Iran will announce its stance on its Nuclear activity. The lack of input into the current unrest in Labanon by Iran has many particularly
    worried has to just what Iran plans to carryout on this date.

I urge everyone to pay important attention to August 22nd where i as with many others fear will see a further escalation in this neverending violence.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

As we approach the 5th anniversary of 9/11, we look back on a day where our world changed incredibly. Since then we have seen the world become incredibly unstable, a war in Afganhistan, a war in Iraq, terrorist attacks on Spain and UK and many more significant events. Over the past month we have seen an escalation in this violence, and Israeli Lebanon conflict lasting in excess of a month to date, a plot to carry out a 9/11 5 years on. As a peace deal is supposedly only days away from being brokered which will attempt to cure the severe violence in the middleast even the most left wing on lookers will agree that peace in the middleeast is further away
    than ever. As we approach a crucial date on the calender, August 22nd i would urge the world to pay particular attention to events in the middleeast and terrorist plot across the world. On this mammoth anniversary in the Islamic world Iran will announce its stance on its Nuclear activity. The lack of input into the current unrest in Labanon by Iran has many particularly
    worried has to just what Iran plans to carryout on this date.

I urge everyone to pay important attention to August 22nd where i as with many others fear will see a further escalation in this neverending violence.

WC your obsessed with WW3:eek: Chill out man, the world aint commin to an end. The world was alot closer to WW3 in the 60s then it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

You are talking about Night of the Isra and Mira’aj? Where did you read this, the Fox website?

I havent heard it much about a 'threat' in the media, it is complete scare mongering, nothing more. There is absolutely no real evidence that I have heard to suggest anything like you describe is going to happen. But then I wouldnt know, Im not a conspiracy theorist.
    On this mammoth anniversary in the Islamic world
    Please dont exaggerate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Ooooooh lets all run out and buy panic rooms and guns and fighter jets to defend ireland;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Ooooooh lets all run out and buy panic rooms and guns and fighter jets to defend ireland;)

Good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

If you really want to get hysterical about it then you could go back further. Maybe the original war in Afghanistan when the US put the Taliban in power initially was the start. Or when the sold weapons to Iraq before Saddam became the enemy. Or maybe 1967 when Israel annexed half the Middle East. Or maybe 1947 when Isreal was created from chunks of all the surrounding countries. Or ... Or ... Or ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Forgive my ignorance but what is the 22nd of August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Warning: Paranoia is bad for your health. WW3 is good for thriller writers and conspiracy theorists. The world does not revolve around the USA however much Fox thinks it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Macros42 wrote:
    If you really want to get hysterical about it then you could go back further. Maybe the original war in Afghanistan when the US put the Taliban in power initially was the start. Or when the sold weapons to Iraq before Saddam became the enemy. Or maybe 1967 when Israel annexed half the Middle East. Or maybe 1947 when Isreal was created from chunks of all the surrounding countries. Or ... Or ... Or ...
    I agree with this post, the problems go a long way further back than sept 11.
    Secondly, why worry about something that may never happen and you have no control over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Well its really ww4 isnt it?

WW3 was the cold war.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nope that was WW2.5. :) The fall of the Shah might be a more relevant date in this discussion. In many ways it marked a sea change in that part of the world.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote:
    Forgive my ignorance but what is the 22nd of August?

On the night of the 27 of Rajab (month of Islam) Muhammad p. left the earth and went to Jerusalem and ascended to Heaven and God told him about the necessity of prayer 5 times per day, and other things.
    It's traditional to light the nighttime with candles in some places out of respect. And the OP seems to be suggesting that Ahmedinijad wants to light up the sky with nukes or something? It's nonsense, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

We are not in WW3. People these days are such pussies. Does this look anything like the scale of WW2?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

H&#250 wrote: »
    We are not in WW3. People these days are such pussies. Does this look anything like the scale of WW2?

Exactly. The current conflicts around the world, IMO, wouldn't lead to WW3. Firstly because there is no real super-power who is against the US. China will be the next super-power in the next 20 years, but not yet. (I'm not saying that China, once she become that super-power, will attack the states) The arab nations where these conflicts are taking place do not have the military resources that, say the Germans, Russians etc. had before the start of WW2. The only danger now is that, if one of them terrorist groups got their hands on nucleur devices it could cause almost as much damage as a long-running war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I really laughed at this. Thanks man :D

Rajab-27, al-Israa' and al-Mi`raj has passed quietly over Jerusalem and indeed Tehran. Just thought OP would like to know... you can come out of your bunker now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Ahh...obviously we got the year wrong.

August 22nd next year is the one to fear. Honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Aug 22nd was great this year, I met a really, really, hot chick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement