Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girl of my dreams stopped talking to me..

• 13-08-2006 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well, last week I met someone on holidays, she's a friend of a freind kinda, and we really hit it off.. When we got back from holidays, the next night, a few of us met at her house and after a long night of cuddling on the couch, and after everyone had gone to bed, one thing led to another and we ended up going upstairs, to fool around a bit.. I stayed all night and all day with her in bed, watching movies and generally being close.

For the next few days we texted each other non-stop, but the day before yesterday, she randomly stopped replying.. I thought alright, maybe she's ran out of credit or something. So I left it for a day, and I've still heard nothing. The thing is, over this day I discovered how serious my feelings were for her. I can't get her out of my head!

I don't know if she just stopped talking to get rid of me, which I wouldn't understand, because the feelings seemed to be mutual.. Or if she simply can't use her phone.. I know it's really immature, but I checked her bebo, and she's been active between the time we last spoke, and she accepted me as a contact on there since, so I don't know why she hasn't sent me a message on there if her phone's broken, letting me know..

I REALLY like this girl and would love to go out with her, but this kinda confused me.. I don't know whether to just call it a day and try get over her because I don't know her all that long, or to do what I can and try get in touch..

What would you guys do in my position?

Thanks for any advice..

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

you know, you could just call her and ask her out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'd give her a buzz and check if everything was going ok with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Same as the above, just give her a shout and see how things are. at least you ll know then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Just ignore her for a while (presuming you've made at least 1 effort to contact her that was not replied to? :confused:). She's either not interested anymore or is trying to give herself the power position by making you do all the running around.

It's all grand to say "see how she is" but nobody wants to be the one doing all the running around after someone else and nobody respects a person who acts like a lapdog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Pigman II wrote:
    Just ignore her for a while (presuming you've made at least 1 effort to contact her that was not replied to? :confused:). She's either not interested anymore or is trying to give herself the power position by making you do all the running around.

It's all grand to say "see how she is" but nobody wants to be the one doing all the running around after someone else and nobody respects a person who acts like a lapdog.

DO NOT play any games, it will get you nowhere , just go with your gut feeling that you think it right for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

ring her games are for kids ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Pigman II wrote:

Indeed, this is totally true.
    Its human nature to want something you cannot have. I have a similar situation with a girl, i talked to her too much and we got too close too fast, we both got out of relationships a while ago and tbh im sort of glad it didnt work out, getting into another relationship right now would suck :)

I'm saying this as im sitting on the couch in my own apartment, in the city centre, this weekend i could go out and meet whoever i want when i want, last weekend i went abroad for the weekend because i felt like it. I didn't have to consult or check with anyone that i was going anywhere! Its a good feeling and I think when people have been single for a long time I think they forget this freedom :)

Consequently theres two women (hot mind you) And im in the situation of the girl mentioned above. They keep ringing, asking me to go out, or if they can call over. I keep saying i'm busy (which i am, either working or playing !)

Shame though, at different time it might have worked out with that girl, but not today.... Ah well ... Life goes on, live it i say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well, the one thing she said to me was that she's not into games, she just wanted me to make the first move.. So that's what makes me think it's not a game..

I think I'll just pluck up the courage and try ringing her. I'll give you guys an update once there's more news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

send her a message on Bebo... if she doesn't reply then chances are she doesn't want to! Maybe move on

just my thoughts

Try bebo before you ring her, cos it might pressure her a bit if you ring her (cos she won't be expecting it, so she won't get a chance to think of an excuse/explaination, so she might end up sayin she'll go out with ya and draggin you along!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i bet you anything she fancies the arse off you but doesnt want to call cause "she'll look desperate". your in the head game part of the relationship man. toss her a bone and see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

give her a buzz

DaveMcG & constitutionus : Absolutely brilliant advice, defo gonna follow these up.. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

daveirl wrote:

^^^^ What he said ^^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

what age are some of ye?

bebo?

for gods sake, give her a buzz, sure then ye'll know for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Im sorry. Im very confused by this thread. Why is receiving a phone call a potential place for feeling pressure?

And how is making a phone call "looking desperate"?

Can someone explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

i recon you give her a ring about wenseday lunch time and ask her out for a coffee , on thursday afternoon i think all will go good if you want it to , give her a hug when you see her . other then that i recon she wants you to do a bit of work be fore she uncross's her legs etc , and i meen she sounds into you maybe she thinks your not into her , and all you wanted was a bit of fun ....

which is just down to a lilttle bit of mixed comunication :) .....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You just met her. You like her, but don't really know her (and we on this thread know her even less). Call her for a date. No text or bebo games. If she says yes, your early interest is mutual. If not: message received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

DaveMcG wrote:
    send her a message on Bebo... if she doesn't reply then chances are she doesn't want to! Maybe move on

just my thoughts

Try bebo before you ring her, cos it might pressure her a bit if you ring her (cos she won't be expecting it, so she won't get a chance to think of an excuse/explaination, so she might end up sayin she'll go out with ya and draggin you along!)
    Lol

you're joking right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Advertisement

My advice is to stop being so desperate. She didn't reply to one of your texts...so what? She'll text you when she's ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

just ring the girl, its not being desperate, at least you will know and it wont be messing with your head in the long run. dont think about it,just do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Maybe the fact that you have only known her a week but are callign her the girl of your dreams is a problem?

The bang of desperation of you is probaly horrible. And thats one thing that everyone finds as a big turn off.

Yeh, spose the games are something I wanna avoid, although I thought she wasn't really into them, she's a girl at the end of the day, and they seem to love them..

And it was more 'girl of my dreams' rather than being serious..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Well did you ring?? What she say? lol

Girls are into the whole mind games thing. Not calling or texting for a few days so they dont come accross desperate and blah blah blah!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

OP wrote:
    Yeh, spose the games are something I wanna avoid, although I thought she wasn't really into them, she's a girl at the end of the day, and they seem to love them..

And it was more 'girl of my dreams' rather than being serious..

man they're all normal till the hormones kick in then its straight into the head games. i know girls who invent boyfriends that theyre meant to be meeting when theyre out with guys and then chuck em a text at the weekend to see if the guy theyre really after bites. for the life of me i dont understand it, i mean you wouldnt see a guy whos interested in a girl paw another girl infront of her in expectation of making her jealous but women seem to think its the done thing if they want to attract a guy.
    there all mad man, theyre worth it, but they're all mad. i bet you anything if you did ring her she acted a bit cool. dont be confused, this is part of the routine too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Call her, text messages are for morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

py2006 wrote:
    Girls are into the whole mind games thing. Not calling or texting for a few days so they dont come accross desperate and blah blah blah!

Not all girls. I personally despise the whole mind games thing. There is nothing more headwrecking.
    But i do have friends that use it. Ive been encouraged by 1 of them to cool off or not text for days or blah blah until i told her to cop on & ended up just talking to the guy in question & turns out we were both confused about how each other felt. The way I see it if someone doesnt like you, not texting them for a few days is not gonna make them suddenly realise that youre fantastic. & if they only want you cause youre not interested then i really wouldnt be bothered.

OP give the girl a little space. You've had a lot of contact. Don't go insane cause you dont hear from her for 1 day. Yes paranoia is a killer (believe me, i know), but try relax about it & take it as it comes, its the only way.

Hope it works out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I cannot tell you how much I utterly despise them. Texting oh god.

These games are a hangover from peeka boo. Everybody get adult and own your feelings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I cannot tell you how much I utterly despise them. Texting oh god.

When i was a teen there were no mobiles, we had to talk.. the traditional form of communication.

Mind you: i have also written some pretty nice letters too!

OP: Just phone her.

Metro: i quite like the odd texting session with someone i know ;) . But they should never be used when trying to put feelings into words. Can be misconstrued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Texting her alot asking "Whats the matter? I thought you liked me" is desperate! Ringing her definately isn't desperate, if anything its the most mature thing you can do.

Texting and Bebo-ing are unrelyable. You never know, someone might have deleted her messages before she read them. And I get pissed off with text messaging all the time.

Some people expect a text back the second they send one, but I have a tendancy to wait......a couple of days! If they wanted my attention immediately a phone call would get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

daveirl wrote:

Judging by some of the threads in PI when texting its usually THEIR b/friend or G/friend who answers :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

bebo :eek:

cut to the chase and ring her. hurry up, I'm curious!

Advertisement