Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nackers Gate-Crashing Party's

• 13-08-2006 2:09pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was at a party last night organised by a group of mates. There were around about 100 people there, everyone had a savage time. The gig was on in a barn on some land owned by one of the guys persons grandparents, right in the middle of the mountains. It was a good 10 minute drive from the entrance, and at that you really had to know where to go. It was a pretty tight invite only, but At about 4am a few young girls showed up out of nowhere. There were a few of my mates on the gate, and they just could not figure out how they heard about the party. They were pretty much complete scumbags, but it was only a few young girls so they thought they wouldn't be d1ckheads and they let them in. They stayed in one corner of the barn and kinda keps to themselves. However over the next hour a load more of their little nacker mates showed up.

They were not causing any real trouble they they were a real annoyance. I came on to the decks at about 6am, and a few of them came behind and were asking me loads of questions about all the gear - we had a pretty good setup, decks, cdj's and laptops etc. I didn't want to be rude but they would not go back to the dancefloor and were pissing me off. Plus I was nervous something might go wandering. Later on when the sun came up one of them started giving me hassle cause I was wearing sun glasses. "Ya tink yer real kool deir buddy don't ye!" and all this ****, which I was just not in the mood for. Then one of his mates comes up to me, I had a cigarette and a my last nearly empty can of beer in my hand. He asked for a smoke, I said i didn't hvae any but he keps annoying me "ah just gis a drag will ye?" and "Cum an, jus giz a sup a yer beer". I mean its one thing to completely gate crash a party no one invited you to, but to come with no boze and try to scab from people you don't know is pathetic.

By 6am There must have been about 30-40 very young, complete nackers there, equipped with rain jackets, shaven heads, ear rings, tashes, and an accent that would cut you in half. Seriously, everyone else knew eachother there and no one could work out how they heard about the party at all. By 7am, me and a alot of other people left cause it has turned into scum city and the party had taken a turn. You can't really ask 40 pie balls to leave peacefully can you...

This is not a rare occurance, I don't knw what it is but whenever you throw this kind of party, you almost always been to get a few unwanted guests. About 6 months ago something similar happened but the place got trashed. I think the local scum must have some rave radar or something. We are going to have to step up the security for the next one methinks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Avoid these scum like the plague,im working class but im the complete opposite to these knackers types

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Security Security Security.. I know it should be the last thing on your mind but these days it has to be the first thing you think of. These knacks don't have anywhere else to go and therefore will go round looking for a sniff of an event.

Either keep it on a very tight invite list, or have someone who is willing to turf these people out when it becomes uncomfortable (if you let them in in the first place like)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Just heard from some mates that after I left they were found walking down the drive with pretty much everything they could carry. All pointless crab like blankets and chairs. Seriously, what are these people like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

**** I wish there was partys like that here in Limerick, sounds class.

Forget the scum and just enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If it was a private party god knows how they found out, my mates doin one soon kinda same setup as your one, private land and all, think he's gonna put it down the country to avoid that kinda crap happening....

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Amazing, I had a party in my house after daft punk last night. Was meant to be small (20-25) but eneded up being huge (about 100). Half way through the night 5 serious 'Heads' showed up. I asked everyone else did they know them and no one did. They were not doiung any harm so I left them for a while. About an hour later I walked into my front room to see about 15 people of which I knew none. They stuck out like a sore thumb compared to everyone esle. I went in and stood there for a while and then asked them who they know here and who invited them. They mentioned a lot of names of which neither myself or my flatmate recognised at all. They didn't seem the slightest bit concerned about how I was obviously not happy with a gang of random nackers in my house. I just had people keep an eye on them all night and they left eventually.

Thankfully no harm was done, but it kind of put a dampener on my night cause I was stressing out worrying about what could happen. There were plenty of my other mates who offered to get rid of them, but the last thing I want to do is piss off 10 very big and tough looking lads who know where I live.

Sad to think you might need a bouncer for a private party in your own house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

your mates clearly have big mouths mr zascar

thats 2 things where scum arrived that "nobody" told about the session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

breakingnews.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

any chance of an invite to any of these parties????? ,aybe even a set lol
    im not a nacker ......lol...i swear ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I was at a house party about six years ago where a few of the local scum managed to sneak in. The first we knew about it was when the guy who was hosting the party saw water dripping from his kitchen ceiling and went up stairs to find that one of them had kicked the toilet off it's plumbing. A few other bits of damage was done. When they were eventually kicked out they spent the night smashing windows with stones and shouting death threats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Had a brick or two going through a window when I was 15-16.

****ing naks, all you can do really is clip it before they get too big.

SOMEONE told a friend, a scoby friend who arrived and then in turn invited their friends and so on and so on.

Just tell them to **** off eary before the party gets too big. If you don't recognise any names tell them to get out.
    Explain that the place was trashed before due to uninvited guests.

2 things will result, they will be genuinly nice people and leave or they will be nacks and start kicing up a fuss.
    If that happens, call the boys in but keep an eye on the outside of the house because <read my first sentence again>.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Just make a loud announcement that some neighbours complained about the party and the guards are on the way out, and the knacks might head off then. Sad fooks in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

At a house party I was at a few years ago (in the middle of nowhere, invite only, etc.) a small group of knacks turned up. One of them ended up getting so ****ed up that he stripped naked and started dancing like a epileptic in a strobe factory. Hilarious more than threatening. Then he passed out and his "friends" started to **** around with him while he was unconscious, pouring stuff on him, hitting him and generally being pricks. I didn't really know anyone at the party and I certainly didn't want to tackle them on my own. I knew that some disaster was in store when one of them turns to me and says: "You think this is great, wait til Tomo gets here with his stun gun!"

Sure enough Tomo arrived with his stun gun. They were shocking this unconscious guy and then decided to put him outside on the road. On the road at night. On a small, dark road. I foolishly gave them a bit of sense and they looked at me like I was some snot that they had just excavated from their nose so I backed off. Luckily they got bored and decided to leave the party before depositing their "friend" on the road. When your man eventually woke up on the couch he got up, smiled and returned to dancing like the aforementioned epileptic.

Advertisement