Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Irish political party would you like to see disappear and why?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

oscarBravo wrote:
    Here's your one and only warning on the subject: don't discuss moderation of this forum on this forum, with limited and sole exception being made in the sticky thread "A discussion on the rules".`
    I make no apologies by saying that I will not stay quiet when I see poor modship being carried out in any forum.

Obviously this will incur your displeasure and you will use your powers to ban me. Fair enough.

If that's the authoritarian way you want to run these forums then ban my ass and I’ll do all my political rantings over on politics.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

FTA69 wrote:
    The "real" Óglaigh na hÉireann? Óglaigh na hÉireann actually voted overwhelmingly to reject the Treaty that spawned the Free State Army, the forerunner of the crowd you belong to, but I suppose history doesn't feature on the indoctrination course you obviously went through. As for calling me Cnut, wasn't he a Viking ruler from Denmark?

Not to worryling back on topic, the thread is about your likes and dislikes about certain elements of the parties of the republic of ireland. FTA here seems more comfortable and able debating quibbling semantics of our country's history, then the actual praticalities and realities of SFs claimed position and it's actual policys.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

DublinWriter banned, as requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

No great loss there, then.

But anyway, Oscar, you're an oppressive totalitarian mod and should be ashamed of yourself; I thought Boards was about free speech! Eh?!
    Óglaigh na hÉireann actually voted overwhelmingly to reject the Treaty that spawned the Free State Army, the forerunner of the crowd you belong to, but I suppose history doesn't feature on the indoctrination course you obviously went through.
    Yes, we're all ignorant, Irish history is ardently pro-democratic decision.

Secondly, forget what one section of the population voted for - the Irish people voted overwhelmingly to support the Treaty that spawned the State that Sinn Féin now participate in. But I suppose logic doesn't feature on the indoctrination course Sinn Féiners go through.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Okie dokie so, thread locked since it's apparently impossible to have this discussion in a civilised fashion.

Ibid, there's plenty of room outside with DW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Given that the thread is locked due to people's inability to read, specifically to read the rules for posting I'd like to gently remind people that these rules exist. They're posted in a sticky at the top of the forum. And for a reason but I'll happily discuss those on the appropriate forum (Feedback as mentioned in the rules) or in a PM to me or in a HelpDesk post which I'll happily reply to.

Complaints about moderation can also be made through any of the three above channels. Obviously if anyone throws a tizzy in the thread they're complaining about it tends to throw away the thread they're complaining about/in, which I've always found ironic. Hence the main reason why the three options (Feedback, HelpDesk, PM) are offered as alternatives and exclusive alternatives. A secondary reason is that it gives a banned user an outlet to complain, which obviously isn't an option if they have no access to the forum.

I shouldn't have to mention any of this stuff and I'm sure for users with a willingness to read (particularly the rules) I come across as pontificating. In my own self-defeating irony I'm hoping this will be read by those who don't have a willingness to read (particularly the rules).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement