Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need home for two dogs for 18 months

Options
  • 13-08-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

This is an unusual proposition and any help will be appreciated. Here is my situation - My grandad died and I have his dog and another one to keep her company cos I know dogs are pack animals and need company when I can't be there.
    I'm young enough 25 and I feel like I'm tied to stayin where I am because of these animals although I'm stuck in a rut and most of my friends are travelling to Australia and to cities to find work and everything. I desparately want to travel or work abroad for a while, get out of where I live for a fresh perspective.
    I'm very much torn because these animals feel like my family and have helped me through some very tough times and to give them up will break my heart and I'm not sure if I will regret it forever.
    My family situation is that I have no siblings, my mom cannot possible take care of them or feed them due to illness (although she would if she could). My other family members do not live in Ireland and we are not close to them really.
    So, basically, the ideal solution for me would be if someone was willing to adopt the animals for a period of up to 1 year and a half (no more). I am hoping that maybe I could find someone or a family with a large garden or a farm (they're medium and large sized dogs) that loves dogs to adopt them for this period. I would pay for their food, flea spray, worm treatments, shots and such. They mean the world to me but I feel like I've been landed with kids when I want to find my feet.
    Has anyone been in this situation?
    Is anyone interested?
    Is there a publication I could put an ad in?
    Obviously I don't want to see them neglected and maybe some of you will say my only choice is to rehome them but I really hope I can find a different solution until I know where I'm headed in life.
    Thanks for reading

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Make sure to put them on Petsireland, someone there may be able to help you arrange a long term foster. Put up as much details about them as possible, age, sex, breed, cat safe, dog safe, kid safe, house training etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Thanks, that site looks good :)

Advertisement