Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quinn direct instant cover online?

Options
  • 13-08-2006 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭

Quick question: If you buy private insurance with QD online is the cover instant?

I ask as it only mentions instant cover for commercial vehicles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Do yourself a favour and try out another company's website. It'll be worth it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

afaik you get the quote, and then they give ya the choice to buy i think you need a credit card to do it.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Volvoboy wrote:
    afaik you get the quote, and then they give ya the choice to buy i think you need a credit card to do it.

-VB-

Yes but when you do buy are you covered instantly, as in is a policy no. given immediately or do you have to wait for them to send/contact you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

i think ya are, not 100% tho, ring them up the best thing to do.

They're closed on Sundays. I may have to wait until Monday....

Has anyone gotten their insurance through their site? Did you get instant cover or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

You select the time and date you want the cover to start, if you select todays date and current time (which is the default) then yes it is instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You get a policy number straight away. I got mine last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

what jimogr said , you also get given login details to view any policies you have with em so yes the cover is instant

altough quinn direct wouldnt be the most desirable company to get insurance from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

ok i work for quinn so heres how it works,

When you get the quote on line, your give a policy number that will last about 30days.

If you take the quote, you go immediatly on cover with policy number and your given 7days to either pay in full or pay the deposit for direct debits. The direct debit charge is 6.67% with 20% deposit.

If you go on cover and after 7 days dont pay, they will expire the policy, charge you for the 7days on cover and a 50euro cancellation fee, which in total works out about 68quid roughly.

I know i work there (unfortunatly) but id check out AXA or Hibernan before committing.

-V-

Thanks all, Hibernian want 3 years no claims if you have a provisional so no chance there. FBD wont quote me. I'll try axa and britton tomorrow but I can only seem to get a quote from quinn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That is the problem, until you get a NCB or full licence, Quinn are the only game in town. :(

quick question:

Do Alloys count as a "modified car"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Elessar wrote:
    quick question:

Do Alloys count as a "modified car"?
    No.

Advertisement