Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex has cancer

• 13-08-2006 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Just found out my ex of a few months has cancer if the womb. I know this is a stupid question but is it possible i could of contracted any of it or any related stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No, not at all mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My advice to you is to be as supportive of your ex as possible at this difficult time. I very much doubt that you could have got cancer from her but she deffinitly needs your support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I thought everyone knew cancer was sexually transmitted?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Whaaaaa.......

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I am officially terrified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

A pretty serious question in the PI forum gets turned into a large amount of smart arsed answers.....
    OP-not likely that you have contracted cancer-it doesnt spread in this way-although try support this person as best you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a virus that can be transmited sexually that can cause cancer cervix.
    If you had unprotected sex with your ex you could have given it to her or if she had it she could have given it to you.
    I suggest you make an appointment with your dr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

23male wrote:
    Hi

Just found out my ex of a few months has cancer if the womb. I know this is a stupid question but is it possible i could of contracted any of it or any related stuff?

is this a piss take or a troll

no you cant, well at least your selfless....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

i didn't know this, i stand corrected...

back to the op.
    23male wrote:
    i could of contracted any of it
    i still think its impossible for you will contract cervical cancer

but maybe you should take daveir warning and get yourself checked out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Best to get clued and get some facts on cancer, then at least you will know some on the subject about how it might effect your ex. Let her know that you will be there for her in any way you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

afaik there are several STI's that have been linked to various cancers, not just cervical cancer.

Advertisement