Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Metal - A Headbanger's Journey"

• 13-08-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Anybody seen this documentary? I bought my copy in HMV yesterday, far as I know its just been released in a double-DVD set (it was in the new releases section anyway).

Have to say its a fairly well done doc on the origins/history of metal, with some cool interviews. The gist of it is Sean Dunn, an anthropologist and metal fan, goes through a history of the subject, with the argument of the "first" metal band, the censorship attacks on metal, the geneology and links between genres and (as always) why it has such a hugely devoted following. Found the section of the film and the separate documentary on Norwegian Black Metal really interesting since i'm not that well up on the subject:D I'd recommend it anyway.

Wikipedia article.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Is that extra documentary called "Metal - A Norwegian Black Metal Documentary"? I have it here but I haven't watched it yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Yep, one and the same gizmo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Cool, I'll give it watch later. I flicked through it before, the few seconds of the interview with the dude from Gorgoroth were amusing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

gizmo wrote:
    the few seconds of the interview with the dude from Gorgoroth were amusing :D

I loved that bit! '............Satan'
    Overall it was pretty good. Ronnie James Dio came across as a very cool guy.
    Sean Dunn had a nice Slaughter Of The Soul shirt on as well, must get one.

Advertisement