Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you fail Maths..

Options
  • 13-08-2006 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

..Do you have to resit the Leaving? If you weren't planning on going to college (maybe just embarking on a PLC course down the road) and you failed Maths, could you just leave it out and count your other six?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

No on failing Maths you do not need to resit the Leaving Cert and have not failed. Some Universities will not accept Students who have failed Maths. Institutions vary but most P.L.C. Courses do not have a problem with a student who has failed Maths. Most but not all so check course requirements to be certain, Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

yeah

Maths isnt completely necessary, but it is handy t have

I've accepted Im gonna fail, but think I may have possibly passed

You could always enter through special maths entrance exam if you are going to college.(This may only apply to Engineering though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Up in DKIT I know if you fail maths you can do a 2 week course where you have a exam at the end of it and if you pass you can get into the dkit. Not 2 sure on the details tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭megs_88

Filan wrote:
    No on failing Maths you do not need to resit the Leaving Cert and have not failed. Some Universities will not accept Students who have failed Maths. Institutions vary but most P.L.C. Courses do not have a problem with a student who has failed Maths. Most but not all so check course requirements to be certain, Alan
    Phew, was really freaked out. I remember during the LC itself people were saying "you know if you fail Maths, you have to resit the LC again" and it really scared me and so has been on my mind the last few days (I was terrible at Maths)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Some courses in college allow you to sit their own maths exam and some accept you on the condition that you resit your maths the following year, if you fail it then you're off the course. Some colleges make you do both. Law is one of the few courses which doesn't require a pass in maths.

megs_88 wrote:
    Phew, was really freaked out. I remember during the LC itself people were saying "you know if you fail Maths, you have to resit the LC again" and it really scared me and so has been on my mind the last few days (I was terrible at Maths)

As people have said, it depends what you wish to do. But remember, you don't technically have to do the leaving (though it's incredibly advisable to do so), so you do not have to resit it!

Advertisement