Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs and jersey policies

Options
  • 13-08-2006 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

So I went to Coppers last night after spending the whole day drinking and watching the match (my mate lives a short walk from it, and hes a tight fcuker, and its less expensive then alot of other clubs) and was struck by the amount of Dub jerseys in the place, particularly since the word has always been that Coppers operates a No Blacks, No Dogs, No Dubs policy (well, alright, maybe not a No Dogs policy :D) But the place was full of blues last night. So basically, although jerseys are generally banned, what clubs let people in wearing them after a Dublin or Ireland soccer match?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Tha Gopher wrote:
    particularly since the word has always been that Coppers operates a No Blacks, No Dogs, No Dubs policy (well, alright, maybe not a No Dogs policy :D) But the place was full of blues last night.

You're kidding, right?
    Coppers lets nearly everyone in, especially GAA heads, no matter what county. If you're trouble getting into Coppers, god help ya!
    I've often seen the whole Dublin team in there after a game during the championship summers.
    Certain pubs and clubs, mostly those with a certain dress code anyway, will not allow in footie tops. I think Gogartys and Fitzsimons in Temple Bar both have that stated on their doors / windows.
    Most others will generally let them in on matchdays.
    However, someone wearing a soccer jersey on a nightout (and not a matchday) will probably get more hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Tha Gopher wrote:
    So I went to Coppers last night after spending the whole day drinking and watching the match (my mate lives a short walk from it, and hes a tight fcuker, and its less expensive then alot of other clubs)

I like the way you felt you had to justify yourself for going to Copper's :D
    Still no excuse ;)

In answer to your question on a match day I think most clubs in Temple Bar/Harcourt Street (ie the meat-market type places) would be more relaxed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

A Coppers! I'd forgotten how much I miss that place :D
    I went to several County Colours nights in Coppers while I was in college and I don't ever remember them stopping anyone in a gaa jersey ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Tha Gopher wrote:
    So I went to Coppers last night after spending the whole day drinking and watching the match (my mate lives a short walk from it, and hes a tight fcuker, and its less expensive then alot of other clubs) and was struck by the amount of Dub jerseys in the place, particularly since the word has always been that Coppers operates a No Blacks, No Dogs, No Dubs policy (well, alright, maybe not a No Dogs policy :D) But the place was full of blues last night. So basically, although jerseys are generally banned, what clubs let people in wearing them after a Dublin or Ireland soccer match?

Barcode is a no go after a Dubs game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HJ Simpson

Jesus went to the Old mill in Tallaght after being in town all day at the match. Got the no Jersey ****e from the bouncer so we turned and walked to Ahernes no proble with them taking my money!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement