Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP File Sharing

• 13-08-2006 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Ok i've looked at many guides on the web and still can't get file sharing working on my XP Pro o.s. every other PC is asking for a guest password when i browse to the share.
    I know the other pc's work.
    What am i doin wrong , any good guides out there that actually get SFS working 100%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Make sure you have setup passwords for the user accounts and that you give the users permision. I pulled my hair out to trying to resolve that one once. Windows builtin help is always worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Enable the guest account.

Then:

Windows Key + R,
    secpol.msc
    Local policies,
    User rights assignment

Then remove 'Guest' from "Deny logon locally" and add it to "Access this computer from a network"

Also remove 'Guest' from "Deny access to this computer from the network" and add it to the "Access this computer from a network".

Should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Will this not leave the guest login just wide open for anyone to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

They'd need an IP addy.

It's a Guest account all the same but stick a password on it and give it to those you want to access yer shares.

Can't do much and you can easily unshare folders etc when you don't want them to access yer machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You should see my collegues when I tell them the sites they are visiting just using ethereal, IPs are easy to get, way to easy!

Defo stick a password on it, complex one preferrably

• Advertisement
Advertisement