Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soundstore

Options
  • 13-08-2006 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

they are apparently opening a store in limerick soon, it doesnt say where or when.

Anyone have any idea of where it might go?

Hopefully not miles away like B&Q..arghhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Opening November 1st 2006 in Delta Retail Park, Tipperary Road.

It opened on Wednesday but I haven't been out there. Has anyone been out there? What's it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

Is it a Harvey Norman like thing? Computers between hobs and washing machines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

ya wat is this store all about?

Is this it? http://www.soundstore.ie/

Exaxctly like Harvey Norman but minus the extremely funny ads. Yup, that's it...http://www.soundstore.ie/. I was there this afternoon. Nice Shop. Even though its in a big unit it's not HUGE, it even has a low ceiling which is unusual for retail park shops. Bit out of the way though, situated on the OLD tipperary road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Soundstore Cork was good, had the odd thing at great prices going back (USB drives, DV tapes etc). Nothing special for bigger stuff, but at least they have a bit of variety from DSG (Dixons, PC World and Currys).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

wingnut wrote:
    but at least they have a bit of variety from DSG (Dixons, PC World and Currys).

well, this sounds very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Just discovered this place recently, and went there yesterday. The prices are pretty decent from what I saw, but for such a big place there's not really a great selection and they're lacking in some departments - they didn't seem to sell any computer monitors, for example.

Just got some audio/component cables and a VGA cable - all around €10 each - they'd charge at least twice as much for the same stuff in Maplin!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Do they sell tv's and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

jackncoke wrote: »
    Do they sell tv's and stuff?
    TVs Yes, stuff depends?

Try - www.soundstore.ie.

I bought my Toshiba Laptop there and the price couldn't be beaten by a bricks and mortor shop in Limerick.

Mrs phog bought a deep fat fryer and the exact same model was €10 dearer in Harvey Normans, this for an item that was around €70:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I can't see much going for that delta retail park any time soon, just like the city east (B&Q) which still has one unit to be filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

phog wrote: »
    TVs Yes, stuff depends?

Try - www.soundstore.ie.

I bought my Toshiba Laptop there and the price couldn't be beaten by a bricks and mortor shop in Limerick.

Mrs phog bought a deep fat fryer and the exact same model was €10 dearer in Harvey Normans, this for an item that was around €70:eek:

Ah,,u know ...stuff :D

their website doesnt seem to be working very well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

John Moloneys(Honda) is taking the front row shop as you enter the delta business park as far as I know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

i got great bargains there. was a lot cheaper than harvey normans. cooker, fridge freezer. about 30% cheaper for the same type of models.( i was looking at hotpoint.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

RPGGAMER wrote: »
    i got great bargains there. was a lot cheaper than harvey normans. cooker, fridge freezer. about 30% cheaper for the same type of models.( i was looking at hotpoint.)
    Haven't been there in ages, has business picked up?

That retail park always looks empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

there was a ball of people there when i was there. mccarthys furniture shop was great too. cheapest place i've been to for solid wood furniture. like instore only better/cheaper

Advertisement