Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish credit bureau

Options
  • 13-08-2006 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Just a quick one. Applying for a mortgage now for 320000. have a deposit of 35000 and doing it with my partner.

Q. About four years ago i had a credit card revoked.( was a bit silly with it) How long will this stay in the ICB. I know it is usually 5 yrs but heard it might be shorter for different types of loans or credit cards..

Also.... if this does stay on my record will it have much effect on me getting mortgage? I have had no bad debt since and have been very good with savings. I am currently debt free.

Anyone have any opinions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Brown_Eyed_Girl

Think you should be pretty much alright at this stage,

did you re-pay the debt at the time ???

With no debts since and no arrears in mortgage payments previously it should be fine as long as you have the income to support the repayments I dont see a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Have not had a mortgage before and the credit card debt was paid off in full at the time of it being revoked. Have not had a mortgage before so no history of payments. But i have had two relatively small loans ( c €2000 )over the past 4 years which have been paid on time with the first and 5 mths early with the second.

Thanks for that reply. Anyone have any more opinions

All replies much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭skibum

For a small fee you can do your own check with the ICB. I did it before we went for our mortgage 4 years ago (ran a business that went bang, owed a few bob for a while but eventually cleared everything off :o ), gave a list of current and previous addresses, bank accounts etc. only took a couple of days, came back clean :D
    I did it for peace of mind. I think you can apply on line now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

The credit card may not appear on your ICB record at all. I had one revoked around the same time and its not on my ICB even though it took about 2 years to clear in full.

However if you missed payments on normal loans at the time and they were not cleared before this time 5 years ago they will appear.

The only thing I would warn you about is that if you are applying to the same bank that issued the card they will remember it!

Credit cards didn't get placed on ICB records before about 2004.

Advertisement