Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Video Editing

• 13-08-2006 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭

I there Im puttting videos on google video and would like to put a logo on the finished video i.e like the old Mtv one.
    The camera I have is compressing the videos in AVi so I need something that can read this fairly easily.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Most editing software will read AVI's, it depends what codec the camera uses to compress it.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭-DuMbGuM-

to get a logo onto a video i would create the logo in adobe photoshop and remove the background or leaving it transparent (so the logo wont show up on the video on a black backround or whatever) then you just gotta transfer it into the video. it really depends which video editing application your using to create your stuff, the process is simple with some, and not so simple with others unfortunatly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

To make a logo, you need to make the image in Photoshop, and make an alpha channel. The editing software normally won't read a transparent background, it will replace it with a random colour. The image needs to have an alpha channel. And has to be the correct proportions. 720 * 576 for 4:3 and 1024*576 for 16:9

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Lump wrote:
    To make a logo, you need to make the image in Photoshop, and make an alpha channel. The editing software normally won't read a transparent background, it will replace it with a random colour. The image needs to have an alpha channel. And has to be the correct proportions. 720 * 576 for 4:3 and 1024*576 for 16:9

John

768x576 for 4:3
    1024x576 for 16:9
    squish down to 720x576 if working in a non-square workflow..

and as lump correctly said, alpha channel, do not rely on photoshops transparency.

Advertisement