Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aisleyne could win

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Looks like she could win because the more she is victimized the more the papers and general public are likely to side with her. Of course we only have 2 days left.

With Pete still the huge favourite to win it's going to require some monumental incident to swing it to her favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Tonights scene of pete in the diary room whispering for fear nikki would hear him was really telling wasn't it. He was blaming aisleyne for ruining his chances of winning when nikki was there and whispering in the diary room that it wasn't aisleynes fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

It maybe the alcohol, but did embee just have an epipheny? :D

Eh?

I've been a fan of Aisleynes since she entered the house.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh but I thought 'Perfect' insect-loving, creative artistic Pete wasn't interested in something as mundane as money and winning...???

His almost meltdown in terms of tics etc. when he thought Aisleyne had blown it for him showed his true intentions. He's as big a game player as the rest of them. His saying things like 'I've done enough' and 'It's in the bag' aren't shown on the highlights, so Endemol can keep up the wide-eyed innocent lad act for those viewers who only watch the highlights shows.

I was no fan of hers for weeks, but I think Aisleyne deserves to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

I agree Ashleyne should win. I don't think she's fake at all, and i think she has grown a lot in the house from when she first came in. She was also the only person to stand up to Grace.
    I really don't think Pete has been that entertaining. Take away his tourrettes and what is there there? Nikki is just plain a ****ing horrible person. She's completely self absorbed, a child, a liar, she only attached herself to Pete when she new everyone liked him, the way she talked about Ashleyne to Grace 'I feel physically sick looking at her' i mean who says that about another person, and then she gets on fine with her in the house, and she's wrecked and has breast implants, ugh. Jenny does what exactly? Glyn is alright but he's far too stupid and gullable. Richard is normal enough but pretty boring most of the time.
    Really hope Ashleyne wins, no chance of my being arsed to vote though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭aonfocaleile

Ais definitely deserves to win! I cannot believe they all made such a big deal about the campaign speech rubbish. And I've lost all respect for Pete - whispering what he really thinks (i.e. that Ais didn't mess up it up on purpose) in the DR in case Nikki heard him - why couldn't he stand up to her and tell her what he really thought??? Richard was happy enough to say it to her face - pity he wasn't man enough to stand up to Grace in the house next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Tonights scene of pete in the diary room whispering for fear nikki would hear him was really telling wasn't it. He was blaming aisleyne for ruining his chances of winning when nikki was there and whispering in the diary room that it wasn't aisleynes fault.

It was funny that but in his defence he was saying the same thing to Nikki. He just gave up cause nikki is so narrow minded. He was defending aisleyne more than anyone else was even though she messed up his speach.

Also I don't buy this sh1t about her being too shy in front of people. What about the time she read the letter to Richard? and what about the times she has read out the Tasks and stuff. I think she did it on purpose. All she had to do was write something down and read it out. Also put the shoe on the other foot. If Richard had meesed up her speach she would have been off sulking in the bathroom like she always does.

She knows Pete is the Favourite and she was not gonna give the audience anymore reason to vote for him. She is calculating and manipulative. If she wins then the whole show is a shambles. Pete deservers to win for 2 reasons.

1. He has made torrettes acceptable. He has shown a lot of ignorant people that it is not a symptom to be afraid of.

2. He is the most genuine person in there. Even though Aisleyne tried to, in her own words, 'Fcuk him up' he is the only one that doesn't think so, he's dissapointed yes but he accepted it with honour and dignity. I would never speak to her again if she did that to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

AthAnRi wrote:
    2. He is the most genuine person in there. Even though Aisleyne tried to, in her own words, 'Fcuk him up' he is the only one that doesn't think so, he's dissapointed yes but he accepted it with honour and dignity. I would never speak to her again if she did that to me.
    That makes him naive more than genuine. there's a big difference.

That makes him naive more than genuine. there's a big difference.

I don't think there is a big difference. There is a difference but the two characteristics are inveriably linked. Why I'll explain,

Naive is the exact opposite of cunning, cunning people will show a persona/emotions that will gain them an advantage therefore cunning people will never expose their true persona/emotions hence they are thought to be fake.

Naive people lack the ability to hide there emotions. Naive people wear there hearts on their sleaves and as such are thought to be genuine because what you see is what you get.

Anyway I think your being a tad pedantic either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭aonfocaleile

AthAnRi wrote:
    Also I don't buy this sh1t about her being too shy in front of people. What about the time she read the letter to Richard? and what about the times she has read out the Tasks and stuff. I think she did it on purpose. All she had to do was write something down and read it out.

Also put the shoe on the other foot. If Richard had meesed up her speach she would have been off sulking in the bathroom like she always does.

There's a difference between reading out something written by someone else and actually creating something yourself and reading it aloud for others to judge. She's not alone in being shy about public speaking. Agree with point about the amount of sulking she would've done if someone messed up her speech. The way the highlight show was edited though was unfair for Aisleyne - we just saw Nikkis BS speech about Richard and another speech about whoever (thats how interesting the task was zzzz). The others could've been just as crap

• Advertisement

There's a difference between reading out something written by someone else and actually creating something yourself and reading it aloud for others to judge. She's not alone in being shy about public speaking. Agree with point about the amount of sulking she would've done if someone messed up her speech. The way the highlight show was edited though was unfair for Aisleyne - we just saw Nikkis BS speech about Richard and another speech about whoever (thats how interesting the task was zzzz). The others could've been just as crap

Agree but her argument was that she was unable to speak in public not that she was unable to write something down. I'm sorry but she is an intelligent girl and I don't buy it for one second that she couldn't write a decent report or whatever it was.

I'm sure they were all crap but because she was the one that kept apologising to pete then I am guessing that she knew hers was extra crap. Also all this getto talk and wigger bull**** really pisses me off. I just don't like the girl. Think she is as fake as suzies chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/specials-bigbrother/odds/2397469x/sid/903391
    The gap between Aisleyne and pete has been closing all day. She has already passed out nikki and Glyn on those bookies giving odds for her to win.

Would be great news if she won.
    You've been hanging out on DS:BB too much. She's a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Shabadu wrote:
    You've been hanging out on DS:BB too much. She's a pain in the hole.

I've been ruffled (re the ds:bb thing)

seriously though I am satisfied with the result. Top girl and she defeated all of those who had the knives out for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah, I'm happy wth the result too. probably would have preferred if Glynn had of win cos he provided the most laughs for me but I'm glad about the last 3.

Advertisement