Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Legal Fund

Options
  • 13-08-2006 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I was going to post and ask the same thing.. I would love to be able to help out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Was thinking of this earlier too. I'm sure one of the admins will set up a paypal account when they can get around to it. I'd be willing to donate.

Had the same thought earlier on too! I'd see if I could donate some worthwhile amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Would there be any way boards could protect it's assets (i.e. servers) maybe by setting up another sister company and transferring ownership of all it's capital to that company? If all does come to all and the assets are threatened, it might be worthwhile

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

daveirl wrote:

Yup
    I suggested the same thing to Regi last night.
    I think the Admins will want to hold off for the moment but if it comes to a stage where money is needed, it's a fantastic idea. Good thinking on the SSF as a back up ;)
    I think the Admins will be pretty surprised at how many people will happily donate to a cause as righteous and moral as this one is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Some funds are available to the admins if needed on Ruus behalf. Good idea.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Damn fine idea!
    I'd be more than happy to throw a few quid boardswards via paypal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Beruthiel wrote:
    I think the Admins will be pretty surprised at how many people will happily donate to a cause as righteous and moral as this one is.

I think so too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I mentioned it previously but this is the start. It's not going to stop with just one company so an ongoing legal defense fund would be good. Why not have a version of INEX but for Irish webfora? Am sure it won't just be boards who'll keep lawyers in business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Or perhaps we have legal people posting here prepared to offer their services pro-bono?

EDIT: Obviously if this isn't the case you can count me in for a contribution to such a fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Ditto the donation idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Ditto the donation idea.

me also

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Count me in

aphex
    I edited your post.

People, please lets not name any names or the thread will have to be closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i am just going to eat my hat

i am just going to eat my hat

I'll require pics of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

You have my chequebook... and my bow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Daveirl, Beruthiel wears the The Jackboot of Love remember!

I'll throw a few into the pot if required.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Verita

Beruthiel wrote:
    Yup
    I suggested the same thing to Regi last night.
    I think the Admins will want to hold off for the moment but if it comes to a stage where money is needed, it's a fantastic idea. Good thinking on the SSF as a back up ;)

Lots of people will be happy to donate as usual beruthie.
    As have always done so before it was a popular thing to do so. (I remember when RAM was needed)

But lets not think of it a righteous and moral crusade. It is an every day thing in the buisness world. Certain un named people have the right to protect their brand. The protection of their brand will fail them in the long run but they still have the right. Do you think the people at the "top" "signed off" on the bad things? If there was a huge punch up at the boards beers last night would DeVore have been responsible? Yes or No?

It will be an interesting case and it could have huge implications. I am sure Tom et al is more than up for it.

As much as it's a case that boards.ie members are very interested in and will back boards to the core, it is not a crusade.

Just a natural part of the Evoloution.

Boards.ie FTW :)

I'll give mine to xSor as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Verita - mystery newbie with history.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war.

Count me in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Verita

mike65 wrote:
    Verita - mystery newbie with history.

Mike.

Since 1998 Mike65.

If you had been on the net since 96 you would understand more. Privavcy is very important to some :) Posting now seems right.

I have browsed this site since it was the quake site. It is a very useful information site. Any question you would ask? It will be asked and there will be an answer. Sure you don't even have to ask, some one else will.

I'd hate to see boards.ie run into difficulty and have always been there for it. My money is where my mouth is. Not that I am saying I chew on my wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Hey Merc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bah beaten to it.

Lo Merc btw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Count me in aswell. Great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Lets chill out for a bit.
    Wait till the admin get back to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky