Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip Piercing

Options
  • 13-08-2006 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was wondering how long after you get your lip pierced before you can kiss someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

4weeks, 3days, 11hrs, 52mins and 11secs then you'll be fine any time before that and it'll get infected. Or whenever it stops hurting your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

About 2 weeks I reckon. Juat as long as ye dont go mad chewin the lips off each other. My missus is away for a month at the moment, so I took it as a good oppertunity to pay some bloke to shove a needle through my face.

Although my housemate warned me that if the old urban legend of couples with braces getting accidently locked together ever happens with our liprings (herself also has one) then wont be rescuing us...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

No giving oral sex for 4-6 week either, OR ELSE....(it'll get infected like)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

And dont eat stuff you have to bite (like apples and sandwiches), and dont eat spicy stuff, and dont eat really sugary stuff, and dairy is a bad idea, and cut back on drinking and smoking, for at least the first week. Soup is your friend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

AND dont smack yourself in teh mouth accidently or anything, the bastards who hit your glass when your about to drink from it should be shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

It's two weeks before you can kiss. They'll tell you everything you need to know when you go to get it pierced anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Yeah first day i got my labret pierced i got a dig in the mouth. My lip swelled up so much that id to take out the jewellery and put a longer bar in.
    The reason you wanna wait a while is cos its an open wound basically, you wouldnt go rubbin someone elses salive in a cut you just got now would ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

mine was good to go in less than a week,...you'll now when its safe,..and jst take it easy the first time though.......i would agree with the no oral sex thing though...i'd give it at least six weeks. not gonna be pretty if that gets infected.

Hey i have a question though. I took mine out about a year ago cause i was afraid i'd have a mark for life....and guess what...i do! its still there ,..the hole, i mean. but its not big enough to put the ring back in! should i just repierce it or will it close up naturally in another few years?? if i'm gonna have a mark forever i might as well stick the ring back in! Any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Depending on the extent of the closure, a piercer can reopen (that does NOT mean re-pierce) it for you no problem. Also different people heal at different paces so if you leave it a while longer it MAY head up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Well. (Here's where I show off, Hahaha j/k!) I just so happen to have a whopping four labret piercings. I got two done at the same time on the same side (Mark's a legend!) and mine were fine. Good to go in about two weeks for me as far as I remember...

My assistant manager, hayley got hers done in metalmorphisisisis today. mymymy. WHAT a mess they made of that. Reckon I'd of done a better job with a safety pin.

Ugh.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 keelzer

Well. (Here's where I show off, Hahaha j/k!) I just so happen to have a whopping four labret piercings. I got two done at the same time on the same side (Mark's a legend!) and mine were fine. Good to go in about two weeks for me as far as I remember...

My assistant manager, hayley got hers done in metalmorphisisisis today. mymymy. WHAT a mess they made of that. Reckon I'd of done a better job with a safety pin.

Ugh.....

do u know who doin it....cos i know they have a new guy who they are training......he's an ex of mine!!...he only been there about 2 months maybe 3!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

That's him. What has he done to her?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 keelzer

sum thing bad by the sounds of things!!

what exactly was wrong wit it???

Advertisement