Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blocked fone number help

• 13-08-2006 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭

a friend of mine getting wind up calls from a private number is there any way of tracking this?
    i know that theres a device for land lines but not up on mobiles cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't think so, its questionable whether your operator can do anything about it either. They may ask you to make a log of the calls and go to the gardai regarding the matter. Ask your friend to use the old airhorn to the ear piece method. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

fraid not. you can contact the police but they won't do anything.

and i think eircom's malicious call centre only exists to tell people to phone the gardai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Could always Ignore private numbers...even if you only did it for a month they soon get p'eeed off..
    On the plus side if they are the pre recorded wind ups he could always record them him self directly to his phone and have a bit of crack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

JohnnieM wrote:
    Could always Ignore private numbers...even if you only did it for a month they soon get p'eeed off..
    On the plus side if they are the pre recorded wind ups he could always record them him self directly to his phone and have a bit of crack
    someone has been prank calling me for three years. i changed my number, not because of that, but the sim card was off for about 4 months. i threw it back into a phone and got a prank call to it a few days later. he'd been calling it every few days to check for four months. he still calls to this day. but then again he's insane so you can't judge other people by him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement