Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nature watch ireland site

Options
  • 14-08-2006 12:39am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi just discovered biology & nature watch site for ireland yesterday.
    It seems a pity that people aren't registering things they see. In time this site has the potential of recording changes in the environment. for eg It records where first swallows or swifts are seen, new species seen can be posted etc;etc...
    I think its a site for nature lovers to bookmark.

I just think its really good...have a look!

http://www.biology.ie

artieanna

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

That seems to be an interesting site alright... thanks for the link!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

artieanna wrote:
    Hi just discovered biology & nature watch site for ireland yesterday.
    It seems a pity that people aren't registering things they see. In time this site has the potential of recording changes in the environment. for eg It records where first swallows or swifts are seen, new species seen can be posted etc;etc...
    artieanna

Birdwatch Ireland and The BTO in the UK run a birdwatch site which runs all year round. http://www.bto.org/migwatch/

Registration is free and you'll need to figure out your map references, but there's a good bank of data and it's fairly easy to enter sightings. They're particularly after more Irish contributors, as a quick look through the maps will show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

That biology.ie site is great. I have registered and logged quite a few animal sightings that I made over the previous few months.

Now I know its there I will also record plant sightings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hard to record sighting when I didn't know the site existed. Will do so from now on. The BTO is a great for recording sightings and I've been using it since it was set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I've thrown up a few things since I registered, however some of the stuff I've seen isn't on the site :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement