Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test - can you get a cancellation

Options
  • 14-08-2006 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi,

anyone know if its possible to get a Driving Test quicker by taking a cancellation slot or something??

Or any other way of going about gettting a driving test asap??

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

yup you have two options really.

1. The honest method: Ring them with your reference number and tell them you'll take a cancellation at short notice

2. The method that may be dishonest unless you're telling the truth: Get your employer to write a letter stating you need it for work. Send the letter to them with your name and ref number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Just my opinion but ...

a) I wouldnt call the centre in Mayo. They wont answer and if they do, the note about your cancellation is likely to go on a post-it. Dept of transport and most government departments are, would you believe it, subject to audits. They respond (have to respond) to all written communication. Bash out a letter (one paragraph .. doesnt need to be war & peace) stating you're more than happy to take a cancellation and what a difference have a full license will make for you (shorter commute time to and from work, <insert reason here>).

b) Whether you need a car at work or not theres nothing (IMHO) wrong about asking work for a letter - if you have to commute to the office mention it to HR or whoever is typing the letter for you to mention how much time you'd save each day.

My experience of doing both a) and b) above was immediate - as in sent the letters to Mayo on a Friday lunch time - got a call the following Tuesday afternoon about a test in 10 days time. The date on my full license is exactly 15 weeks after I got my first provisional. Good Luck.

Advertisement