Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockup/garage in Cork?

Options
  • 14-08-2006 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Lol - I'm in the middle of a format and re-install (grrrr @ nero7) and you wouldn't believe how crappy this looks with default drivers.

But anyway....

I'm looking at a classic car that I want to buy but the problem is I've nowhere to keep it. I know there's a place in Kerry that will store and maintain classics for you, but has anyone ever heard of such a place in Cork? TBH I'm just looking for a place to keep it and I'd maintain it myself......and maybe a motorbike too. Prefferably somewhere around Midleton/Little Island, Cork City or Ballincollig areas.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ill ask the father, he's big into that sorta thing. mostly he keeps them in the drive/garage (bear in mind we live in the suburbs so the drive isnt exactly massive) or he keeps them in a friends house.

what sorta car is it? (And more importantly, what sorta bike)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The bike's just an old POS 125 that I'm using to get used to riding a motorcycle. Never learned when I was younger.

The car's a 1964 Lincoln Continental convertible with a seven litre V8 and suicide doors. Nice car but I couldn't keep it on the street.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

seven litres?!?!?! thank good for classic car tax

*bump

Thought I'd ask again in case there's any new users around or something; Does anybody know of a lockup/garage in Cork that I could rent to store a classic car? Preferably within a stone's throw of the South Ring or east of the city. That car I was looking at has dropped a grand in price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Saw a sign for this crowd up by the airport recently; know nothing about them though: Cork Car Storage

• Advertisement

Thanks. Might give them a call tomorrow - I'll be in that area anyway. I don't know if they'll be suitable because they seem to be more like a secure parking service near the airport, but fingers crossed.

Didn't manage to get up to see the place last week, and I'm not likely too in the near future either, so I phoned the guy today instead. They only charge 15 Euro a week for storage. I didn't ask how much it was for valeting/servicing. The downside for storing a classic car there is they're only open 8:30 to 5:30. I must go check the place out because they might not want to store a car there semi-permantly anyway. Someone going in 2/3 times a week might not suit them, and depending how on they store the cars, access might not be easy.

Might be room for a Road Runner in there though..... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Oi!

Advertisement