Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Villa to beat Derby but not to keep a clean sheet, prove me wrong guys!

nevermind sending Sorensen elsewhere, what harm in giving him a runout for the last few games of the season? Carson isnt exactly inspiring confidence anymore is he.

Watch out for the those pesky free kicks Scotty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

nevermind sending Sorensen elsewhere, what harm in giving him a runout for the last few games of the season?

nah, id be more up for giving tayls another go

Helix wrote: »
    nah, id be more up for giving tayls another go

Yes, Yes, i'll actually change my Viewpoint and agree with you, if i recall he was reasonably solid without being spectacular when he played around xmas time, or are my tinted glasses blinding me to some forgotten howlers?

IMO i found Taylor, before he even joined Villa to not have that imposing presence goalkeepers need.

Only Carew out (and Gardner doubtful), surely Marlon to start?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7332038.stm

Come on Villa boost that GD!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Hare starting alongside Gabby will prob be the only change but id like to see Reo-Coker sit this one out to avoid suspension which after today wont happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Lol, poor Paul Jewel: "While we have five games left as much as we'd like the season to be over we want to try and get some points on the board and get past that magical 15 points."

Poor old Paul Jewell, managing Derby makes a man do strange things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

the magical 15 points lol.

This being streamed anywhere?

1-0

ashleh

Ashley Young has put villa 1-0 up after 25 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

2-0

John Carew 26th minute

Carew has put them 2-0 up after 26 minutes, poor derby.

3-0

petrov from the half way line lol

This is turning into a rout, 3-0 petrov scoring.

Great to see Petrov on the score sheet :D

Helix where are you watching the match?

Petrov Villa legend;)

shoutman wrote: »
    Helix where are you watching the match?

im not

Is it yahoo updates for everyone yea?

soccer saturday for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Sounds like a good first half for the boys.

Surely MON will make a sub or two at half time? Big John sounds like he's carrying a knock, and NRC needs to avoid another yellow. I see Routledge is on the bench: Give him a run Martin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just saw Petrov's goal there at half time in the City game. Absolute screamer.

Salifou on for Reo-Coker, Harewood on for Carew and Routledge also to make an appearance in the next 45mins

4-0

gaz baz

5-0 gabby

And thats 5! Gabby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Berger and Salifou come on after 80 mins, Routledge doesn't feature but Berger who will be leaving in the summer most likely does?????

6-0

the hare

What a joke, Derby have to be one of the worst teams to have ever played in the Premiership.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Villain wrote:
    Berger and Salifou come on after 80 mins, Routledge doesn't feature but Berger who will be leaving in the summer most likely does?????
    Villain wrote: »
    What a joke, Derby have to be one of the worst teams to have ever played in the Premiership.
    Any more negatives you want to bring up? Can't we enjoy just one victory please?

Kinda feel sorry for Derby.

I think I'm starting to understand why MON doesn't play the Hare more often. He only seems to score in the 85th minute. No point in playing him for the rest of the game, when you can stick him on after 84 mins and let him score!!!

I think I'm starting to understand why MON doesn't play the Hare more often. He only seems to score in the 85th minute. No point in playing him for the rest of the game, when you can stick him on after 84 mins and let him score!!!

ahaha spot on

full time 6-0

Great result, even if we were playing cannon fodder. Delira' for Stan :D

No matter how bad the other team is, six nil is always a positive result.

:)

2 clean sheets in a row now

wooo

lol

• Advertisement

Savman wrote: »
    Any more negatives you want to bring up? Can't we enjoy just one victory please?

:) Ah I'm happy we won, but I fully expected an easy win.

I really am pissed off though that Berger got a run out ahead of Wayne Routledge. The one signing we made in January and he has hardly got any game time while Berger who looks set to leave gives a run out.

On a more positive note the Brum have got a draw off Everton lets hope Newcastle can do us a favour.

if we win the remaining 4 games we'll finish 5th

*edit* not mathematically obviously, but im positive 12 points will get us 5th, considering the fixtures left for each team

I really am pissed off
    We won 6-0 for feck sake, there's nothing to be 'pissed off' about. That's just being picky. I don't really care if he puts out the reserves so long as we get these results.

As for this:
    I fully expected an easy win
    ...someone has a very short memory :D

Lovely looking scoreline there :D

Bring on Small Heath ;)

right, im gonna change my "we'll finish 5th" to "we'll qualify for europe" if we win our last 4, based on this:

5 Everton Pld 34 Pts 61
    6 Portsmouth Pld 33 Pts 56 (Playing Newcastle in the late K.O.)
    7 Aston Villa Pld 34 Pts 55

Remaining fixtures:
    Everton
    Everton v Chelsea
    Everton v Aston Villa
    Arsenal v Everton
    Everton v Newcastle United

Pompey
    Portsmouth v Newcastle
    Manchester City v Portsmouth
    Portsmouth v Blackburn Rovers
    Middlesbrough v Portsmouth

Villa
    Aston Villa v Birmingham City
    Everton v Aston Villa
    Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic
    West Ham United v Aston Villa

It doesnt matter a jot what Pompey do, theyre already in the UEFA. So if we can pick up 12 points from our last 4, we'll be in the UEFA unless everton manage to pick up 7 points from Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle, which they wont

• Advertisement

Pompey aren't guranteed Uefa spot, if Cardiff win the cup it looks likely they may well be allowed the Uefa spot. Having said that I fully expect Pompey to win.

Pompey aren't guranteed Uefa spot, if Cardiff win the cup it looks likely they may well be allowed the Uefa spot. Having said that I fully expect Pompey to win.

if cardiff win the fa cup they get a wildcard from uefa, the fa cant give them one of their spots because cardiff arent under their jurisdiction

pompey qualify for the uefa, either as winners or as highest finishing english team in the competition

Thats Uefa, the FA have said they looking at the rule also, or at least thats what I read?

sure how can the fa give them a spot when theyre not under the fa's jurisdiction?

they either have to split from the faw or wait on uefa to give them a freebie

Yea thats what I thought don't know, ah pompey will win anyway

yeh its not an issue

i cant see pompey dropping enough points for us to finish ahead of them unless newcastle manage to get a goal in this game

Helix wrote: »
    right, im gonna change my "we'll finish 5th" to "we'll qualify for europe" if we win our last 4, based on this:

5 Everton Pld 34 Pts 61
    6 Portsmouth Pld 33 Pts 56 (Playing Newcastle in the late K.O.)
    7 Aston Villa Pld 34 Pts 55

Remaining fixtures:
    Everton
    Everton v Chelsea
    Everton v Aston Villa
    Arsenal v Everton
    Everton v Newcastle United

Pompey
    Portsmouth v Newcastle
    Manchester City v Portsmouth
    Portsmouth v Blackburn Rovers
    Middlesbrough v Portsmouth

Villa
    Aston Villa v Birmingham City
    Everton v Aston Villa
    Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic
    West Ham United v Aston Villa

It doesnt matter a jot what Pompey do, theyre already in the UEFA. So if we can pick up 12 points from our last 4, we'll be in the UEFA unless everton manage to pick up 7 points from Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle, which they wont
    We're six points shy of Everton. If we beat them, then we're three points short. That means if we win all our games and they lose to either or both of Chelski or Arsenal, we're well in there with a chance of overtaking them.

We're two points behind Portsmouth. If we win all our games and they drop points (and the above happens), we'll come 4th.

It's very unlikely, granted, but those defeats at Fulham and Sunderland are looking very costly.

Ibid wrote: »
    We're two points behind Portsmouth. If we win all our games and they drop points (and the above happens), we'll come 4th.

sure it was just a typo and you meant 5th cos we are not going to catch Liverpool. think its a possibility but id still say 6th will be what we will get and Intertoto with it. never like having to win every game as i never expect Villa to do the expected and would think we might slip up in atleast one game although it might only be by drawing with Everton/West Ham both of which are away from home.

Sorry yeah, that was unfortunate typo. I meant 5th.

Ibid wrote: »
    It's very unlikely, granted, but those defeats at Fulham and Sunderland are looking very costly.

As were the points dropped from home games against Boro, City & Blackburn.

Overall though this has been a very good season for Villa and most people would have been delighted with a top 8 finish never mind a top 5 finish and UEFA Cup place before this season had kicked off.

I have to say I'm very optimistic about next season :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement