Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Helix wrote: »
    does anyone know if home grounds sell away tickets at their ticket desks?

Unless Villa fail to sell their allocation and return some to West Ham then the answer is no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ah bum

i dont really wanna sit in the home fans, i dont think that would be a particularly good idea

*edit*

home tickets sold out

this is unfortunate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

News coming in that a Villa fan has been killed after the game in an altercation involving blues fans and a car. :mad:

edit: The bit about opposing fans is not actually confirmed. Here is a link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7357625.stm

christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

That's terrible news :(

On a lighter note, Darius Vassell helped Man City beat Pompey 3-1 so Villa are still very much in the hunt for 5th.

Raekwon wrote: »
    On a lighter note, Darius Vassell helped Man City beat Pompey 3-1 so Villa are still very much in the hunt for 5th.
    its in our own hands now

9 points from the last 3 games and we finish 5th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

A few Birmingham forums are apparently reporting that the man killed was a leader of a Villa firm.

aye his name is black danny, doesnt sit with other reports that the guy killed was only 21 tho, coz apprently your man is 45

seems therell be absolute war if it was him tho. hes very well liked in the community and does lots of good work round brum

Very sad that this type of thing still happens in football.

• Advertisement

reports another villa fan was knifed as well, and that theres been fighting since 9am in a few places in the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Jaysus thats horrible. The fact that huge proportions of the people involved are grown men is embarassing.

soshtj.gif

wbumc8.gif

legends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Tragic death aside, an excellent win for Villa against admittedly poor local opposition.

ive little to add except the media coverage of Villa-Brum compared to Newcastle/Sunderland is a joke.

You gotta love the Birmingham Mail Derby Preview:

Aston Villa fans warned not to expect a goal bonanza

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2008/04/15/aston-villa-fans-warned-not-to-expect-a-goal-bonanza-97319-20766260/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

soshtj.gif

wbumc8.gif

legends
    Good man Olof. :D

Savman wrote: »
    Good man Olof. :D

Watching that I actually feel genuinely sad to think of Olof leaving. :(
    I almost feel that his head told him to join Juve but his heart wants him to stay.

A real legend and cult hero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Yes he'll go down in Villa folklore :D
    But he's bringing his brand of hoofball to Serie A :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Mellberg looked like he really enjoyed that yesterday. Great highlights on Sky last night, young was awesome and Barry too.

Big big game against Everton now, its win or bust in the race for 5th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I reckon we can afford a draw, would leave us 3 points behind with 2 games to play, we've Wigan and West Ham, they've Arsenal and Newcastle. We'll most likely get 3 points better than them from that, and our goal difference will be superior.

Still have to go for a win though, to be safe.

yeah a draw will do us imo, but a win will guarentee it for us and leave it in our own hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

DSB wrote: »
    I reckon we can afford a draw, would leave us 3 points behind with 2 games to play, we've Wigan and West Ham, they've Arsenal and Newcastle. We'll most likely get 3 points better than them from that, and our goal difference will be superior.

Still have to go for a win though, to be safe.

Careful now we could still finish 8. MON was right when he said last week that we need to win them all and we can;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Villa Reserves drew 1-1 with Chelsea's reserves yesterday which meant that after Reading drew with Pompey tonight, our reserves has now been crowned champions of the Southern League.

This sets up a play off fixture vs Liverpool at Anfield in a couple of weeks.

...great to see Villa win a trophy this year:D

Good stuff, thanks for the update Bounty

Oh the famous Spion Kop will be rocking for that.

Interview With MON about transfer activity in the summer, very little spoken of Barry, but the Jouno did write this
    O'Neill is closing in on Chelsea midfielder Steve Sidwell whether or not Gareth Barry stays.

The likelihood appears to be that Barry will be moving on with Liverpool his destination.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2008/04/24/martin-o-neill-talks-summer-spending-money-for-aston-villa-with-randy-lerner-97319-20813029/

Villa Reserves drew 1-1 with Chelsea's reserves yesterday which meant that after Reading drew with Pompey tonight, our reserves has now been crowned champions of the Southern League.

This sets up a play off fixture vs Liverpool at Anfield in a couple of weeks.

...great to see Villa win a trophy this year:D

the kids won the league too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Apparently O'Neill will have £80 million this summer. That should enough to sufficiently strenghten the squad, but can anyone actually see him spending that much?

MON is only jossing about the 80 million bit, just as well, imagine how many Marlon Harewoods & Zat Knights Villa could buy then!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Apparently O'Neill will have £80 million this summer. That should enough to sufficiently strenghten the squad, but can anyone actually see him spending that much?

Seriously, did you get to the end of that particular sentence where he clearly states: "Only joking"?

But Martin said he brought out the war chest and there was 80 million dollars in it ROFL

Sorry one cold hand but you left yourself open.

Curtis Davies is on Soccer AM but I missed his interview when he came on it did anyone see it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yea I saw it, was literally for two minutes, where he said about how everton is abig match etc, really nothing aww inspiring at all.

As for 80 million in the transfer kitty, I read that O'Neill wants to wait until the end of the season before talking to Randy about a trannsfer budget, ie. he wants to wait to see if we make europe or not.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25042008/1/o-neill-wait-transfer-talks.html

• Advertisement

Did he give any update on when he will return?

Spurs already signed Modric

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/26/tottenhamhotspur.newcastleunited

clubs are already planning for next season. MON may be waiting til the end of the season but if he plays his usual game of waiting right until the end of the window before making his transfer moves then i might g ocrazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

villa fans meeting in duke for the match tomorrow. 4pm kick off. all villa fans welcome. also its my bday on friday night in kavanaghs on malahide road. for a few pints all welcome. well see u all tmrrw at some stage as i be in parnell for the finals b4 hand

can i be really anal and say theres no i in villans here?

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Seriously, did you get to the end of that particular sentence where he clearly states: "Only joking"?
    Villain wrote: »
    But Martin said he brought out the war chest and there was 80 million dollars in it ROFL

Sorry one cold hand but you left yourself open.

Curtis Davies is on Soccer AM but I missed his interview when he came on it did anyone see it??

Jesus, my bad, sorry! I really should read these things properly shouldn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

can i be really anal and say theres no i in villans here?

lol
    the i is in there for a reason we used be called the Irish Villains (and the i was for Ireland of course)a supporters club formed in 1993 and we meet in the duke. for any villa games or any other pubs that have foreign sat channels. just so you know.
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Come on the Villa!

I've never woken up so excited for a Villa match. Unfortunately I can't make it into town to watch it but I'll be glued to the telly at home.

After a weekend where it looked like Man City were going to cruise to victory and the other Birmigham lads were going to get a result I think that's how the Villa match will be. We will go 1-0 down, maybe to a Arteta stunner, after some trickery down the left Young will swing it into the box where Carew will get a head to it, only for it to be parried by the keeper fortunately Gaby will be on the spot for the tap in.

1-1 half time.

Second half Villa will come out and pile on the pressure only to get hit on the counter attack, a last ditch taclke from Laursen will give Everton the corner, from which Lescott will score, although it did look like he handballed it.

Fortunately for Villa he is to slip up at the other end, after Gaby beat him for pace he dived in with a last ditch tackle but more man then ball, he gets a straight red and Villa have a free kick in a dangerous position. Goal Goal Goal! 2-2.

84 minutes in and Carew is brought off for Balou Harewood, and two minutes later its 3-2 to Villa, the Hare picking the ball up in midfield playing a one two with Petrov, rounding two players before lobbing it over the keeper as he comes off the bench.

3-2 what a cracking match.

Come on the villa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I think we'll win by the odd goal, maybe 2-1. If Phil Neville is playing, i can see him kicking lumps out of Ashley Young.

Hopefully Arteta and Osman wont be fit for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

shoutman wrote: »
    Come on the Villa!

I've never woken up so excited for a Villa match. Unfortunately I can't make it into town to watch it but I'll be glued to the telly at home.

After a weekend where it looked like Man City were going to cruise to victory and the other Birmigham lads were going to get a result I think that's how the Villa match will be. We will go 1-0 down, maybe to a Arteta stunner, after some trickery down the left Young will swing it into the box where Carew will get a head to it, only for it to be parried by the keeper fortunately Gaby will be on the spot for the tap in.

1-1 half time.

Second half Villa will come out and pile on the pressure only to get hit on the counter attack, a last ditch taclke from Laursen will give Everton the corner, from which Lescott will score, although it did look like he handballed it.

Fortunately for Villa he is to slip up at the other end, after Gaby beat him for pace he dived in with a last ditch tackle but more man then ball, he gets a straight red and Villa have a free kick in a dangerous position. Goal Goal Goal! 2-2.

84 minutes in and Carew is brought off for Balou Harewood, and two minutes later its 3-2 to Villa, the Hare picking the ball up in midfield playing a one two with Petrov, rounding two players before lobbing it over the keeper as he comes off the bench.

3-2 what a cracking match.

Come on the villa!
    Jaysis calm down there, Mr Mitty!

• Advertisement

Strong Everton side, Osman is back and Arteta and Baines are on the bench. Lets hope Petrov can continue his good form against a good side. This is going to be a lot tougher than the last 3 games

We need a change, Carew is totally ineffective today, harewood on or Routledge on and push young up

About bloody time MON, Berger on for Knight. Come on get one at least

here comes the hare

Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

GET IN!

we have to go for it now

we've only 3 defenders on the pitch, so i dont see why we shouldnt go for a winner

• Advertisement

Thats it another year without Europe.

NRC at right back lost, poor poor defending.

hold that 2 all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

haha, hilarious stuff, football eh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

lol

Carew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeeeeeeeeess

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement