Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

There are arguments for both sides of the story IMO. In some respects you have to forgive SWP for wanting to stay and make his mark in a Championship and CL contending team, and it could actually be seen as a lack of ambition if he was to leave Chelsea.

But in the quote that was published today, he only referred to "seeing out his contract", not mentioning anything about his on-field ambitions to break into the squad and make his mark as a top player. This does give the impression it's purely about the money, but at the same time you have to consider how accurate or selective the article was with its quotation.

Personally I think there are question marks over his consistency since he has joined Chelsea, but he has had to adapt his style of play from his time at City, running into space, to relying much more on his first-touch and beating the first man with the tighter passing game at Chelsea.

Mail is reporting a Sidwell deal is nearing completion. MON is also supposedly looking at getting Ben Foster in for a loan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'd welcome Sidwell tbh. Scored a peach of a goal against us a while back.

According to the Mail he is taking a 50% pay cut, so it show's he's ambitious. I think he could really do well under MON. But hopefully it is, as the mail also suggests, to play in tandem with Barry and not as a replacement. Come on MON and get a few more names in! Show Baz he'll have more than Rio Joker and teacher's pet-rov lining out with him in Claret and Blue next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Ben Foster has the potential to be an excellent signing, id welcome these players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Foster would be terrific for you's, he will be United's number 1 for 2009/2010 season I have no doubt.
    Sidwell is also a very good signing, I can see Villa being a big force next season if you can significantly bolster squad depth.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I really like foster but would like Villa to not have to loan their no.1 GK tbh. Maybe MON really rates Guzan and will have him adapt to England while Foster plays.

Sidwell id like if he is taking a 50% pay cut would add well needed competition for places in CM, especially if Barry stays which i think he will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I really like foster..... especially if Barry stays which i think he will.

Get Foster on a Permanent deal or get another full time keeper, and its been mighty quite on the Barry front for a few days, one wonders whats happening behind the scenes.

Cant see United letting Foster go as the below united fan says they expect him to replace Van Der Sar.
    Smegball wrote: »
    Foster would be terrific for you's, he will be United's number 1 for 2009/2010 season I have no doubt.

As i said i dont want or expect tbh another loan goalie as number one at Villa although if for some reason MON does (doubt he does thb) Foster is probb the best we could get.

---

not linked but my suggestions how about Aimar from relegated Zaragoza and Shaktar/Croatia's Dario Srna (RB/RM)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Cant see United letting Foster go as the below united fan says they expect him to replace Van Der Sar.

Aye, Foster will probably see a lot more game time next season as Fergie will rest Van Der Sar a lot more.

I really don't see it as all that bad a move to get Foster on a one year loan deal. I'd see it as akin to signing someone like Jaaskaleinin. They'll serve a purpose, do a job for a year, while hopefully someone like Hennessey or Guzan is being prepped in the background for a starting role in 09/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Whats the story with Guzan? He couldn't sign in Jan as he hadn't played enough games for the US iirc. Has he played enough now?

Foster is a very good keeper, but like others, I'd prefer to sign a keeper on a permanent basis.

I would welcome the Sidwell signing, a very good player, and he's showing that he wants to play football. Fair play to him for taking a large pay cut, there's other that wouldn't *ahem, SWP!*

Anyway I hope we get a few early signings to get the ball rolling.

Was thinking about the right back: Gary Neville anyone!?!?!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sidwell deal is done according to tommorrows papers review on Sky.

Guzan is second choice keeper for USA but behind Tim Howard so he won't be getting any starts in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Was thinking about the right back: Gary Neville anyone!?!?!?!?!

Good God man! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Many reports saying the Sidwell deal is done- any opinions on what kind of input he'll have on the team? I remember his great season for Reading but I'm not sure what exactly his role will be for Villa- Replace Petrov? who did have a very good run in to the season, play the Reo Coker role? Move Barry to the left? Rotate Sidwell in the middle.

On the right back role- anyone object to Finnan, I recon he's got 2 good years in him, especially if Trap gets him back he'll be keen to impress- looks like he'll be frozen completely out of the Liverpool side

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

he'll be barrys replacement id imagine

Initially you would think Finnan would not fit into MON's model for young eager players, but he has signed a couple of older players in Petrov and Carew, so you never know.

But the main stumbling block to signing Finnan IMO would be the fact that he plays with Liverpool. It appears as though MON is burning his professional bridges with them after the Barry incident. For example, if Carson was offered to us for £6m about a month ago it would have been a done deal I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Initially you would think Finnan would not fit into MON's model for young eager players, but he has signed a couple of older players in Petrov and Carew, so you never know.

Sorry to be pedantic but Carew was 26 when he signed and Petrov 27. Finnan is 32.
    Big age difference

I have to say a big 'no thanks' to the suggestion of any more loan keepers, time to put that one to bed once and for all and get ourselves sorted. If that means Carson @ £6m, so be it. We had a very good keeper until McClown put him in the firing line against Croatia, just has not been the same since but he's still very young in goalkeeping terms.

Finnan, nah.

Funny that for all the hullaballoo about having no RB, we still managed to finish 6th. Perhaps it's not as big a deal as some of us would like to make out ;)

JPA wrote: »
    Sorry to be pedantic but Carew was 26 when he signed and Petrov 27. Finnan is 32.
    Big age difference

Admit it, you're not sorry at all...

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Admit it, you're not sorry at all...

I am, honest. :pac:

I've often wondered....does JPA in your case actually stand for what I think it does?

Don't worry about him, he's Just a Pedantic Ass

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I guess we're all going for Man Utd tonight arent we? the last thing we want is Chelsea joining that elite club of English European Cup winners, that and the fact Chelsea only got 1 point off Villa in 07/08, champions of Europe? pfft....

Here is a list of players i posted elsewhere who for different reasons (no European football, Relegated etc..) ight be interested in joining an Improving EPL team with european football and perhaps should be the level of players we could be chasing.

Pablo Aimar- The Argentinian International Attacking Midfielder who is currently plying his trade at recently relegated Real Zaragoza.

Dario Srna- The Croatian RB/RM (two positions we need) international who plays at Shaktar donetsk and could be tempted to move to the EPL.

Zarate : most think he is a very good prospect for the future that offers somethig different than we have upfront atm, he also obviously is willing to be in Birmingham and if his agent is to be believed can be got for around 10m instead of the previously touted 20m

Tranquillo Barnetta: Highly rated Bayer Leverkusen Midfielder (22) who has 32 caps for Switzerland can play on the right and having missed out on the uefa could be tempted to leave the team he joined in 2005 for an improving Prem team with European football.

Similarily Valencia missed out on European football and have the following players Villa could tempt to the prem:

Joaquim: Why are Everton being linked with this quality Right winger (51 spanish caps) and we arent?

Ever Banega: at only 19 he has already broken into the Argentina squad and gotten his first cap, hes a quality DM having come through the ranks at Boca Juniors and as any FM manager fans will tell you is believed to be destined for greatness

Nikola Zigic: If people want Crouch back at Villa (where he previously failed) then why not Zigic? the 6 ft 7 ½ in Serbian international striker who was voted Serbia's Player of the Year three times (in 2003, 2005 and 2006).

Aisier Del Horno: and for those who think Villa need another LB (seen Shorey amongst others suggested to give Bouma copetition) how about the Valencia and former Chelsea LB who spent the past season out on loan at Athletic Bilbao.

Infact there are a huge amount of quality in La Liga likely to hove no European football next season unless they move like Deportivo's...

Fabricio Coloccini: Centre back that can play RB and DM(if needed) who has 26 Argentina caps and came through the ranks at Boca and A.C Milan.

Andrés Guardado Huge things expected from this 21yr old left winger who already has 29 Mexican caps
    and was previously linked to Barcelona. he is also another FM manager legend in the making wonderkid.

Antonio Barragán: Spent a season at Liverpool but is now at the ripe old age of 20 a Deportivo regular and the Spanish U-21 RB

Some may seem un-realistic but who knows? food for thought anway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Hopefully we can land a few big fish early on. Is Sidwell definate now? I certainly wouldn't say no to a couple from the list above :)

P.S. does anyone know when the intertoto home tickets go on sale and when the match date will be confirmed?

there are a lot more players that could be added to that list too i.e good players that if signed would bring a club like Villa forward who could be tempted to the Prem. such as...

Stefan Radu: Since January he has been on loan at Lazio (who didnt get Uefa cup football) and is still on the books of Dinamo Bucharest. he is labelled "The new Chivu" and plays LB/CB.

Diego Milito: Argentina international with an eye for goal whos Zaragoza side has just been relegated and may want a move

im sure there are more but im feeling lazy

get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=5473

no idea if this is a Villa away strip for next season, but i like it. Still think Acorn as the sponsers is a real touch of class
    Neil3030 wrote: »

for some reason i dont see it happen but id really like if he did join up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Thats a lovely jersey, would definately get it if it was the actual one.

Also LMAO that Liverpool are unwilling to drop their asking price for Carson. No hope of anyone spending ten million on him.

• Advertisement

not the actual one

its a mockup done by someone on villatalk

it could well be close tho, would be super if it was coz its lovely

Helix wrote: »
    not the actual one

its a mockup done by someone on villatalk

it could well be close tho, would be super if it was coz its lovely

Never saw that before even though it's probably not real. Very nice I think.
    Just don't like the white around the "sponsor".

Time for Gabby to decide England or Nigeria?....would be great if scotland nae dhiin a provisional squad now too
    Nigeria call up Agbonlahor
    Posted: 2008-05-23 09:18

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor has been included in a 50-man Nigeria squad from which players will be selected to prosecute the 2010 World Cup/African Nations Cup qualifiers.

Agbonlahor has played for England at U-21 level but is still eligible to represent Nigeria at senior level.

The forward has also been named by England manager Fabio Capello in his squad to play two international friendlies against the USA on May 28 and Trinidad and Tobago on June 1.

Speaking while unveiling the squad to reporters in Lagos on Thursday, Amodu explained that it was the start of a new era following the dismal performance at the African Nations Cup earlier this year.

"A performance like that brings down the morale of the players and it is our duty to ensure that we visit these players and boost their psyche in order to prepare them for the challenges ahead."

With club versus country battles looming in the future, Amodu stated that he had taken steps to minimise the potential flashpoints.

"We have sent a very crowded programme of our coming activities to the clubs so that they know in advance when we will need these players."

Amodu and his staff departed for Graz on Thursday night.

The full squad:
    Vincent Enyeama, Joseph Yobo, Taye Taiwo, Nwankwo Kanu, Obinna Nwaneri, Danny ****tu, John Utaka, Obafemi Martins, John Mikel obi, Peter Odemwingie, Austin Ejide, Rabiu Afolabi, Seyi Olofinjana, Ike Uche, Ayo Makinwa, Obinna Nsofor, Ifeanyi Emeghara, Felix Ogbuke, Richard Eromoigbe, Onyekachi Apam, Dele Aiyenugba, Christian Obodo, Chidi Odiah, Yusuf Ayila, Mannaseh Ishiaku, Sani Kaita, Paul Obiefule, Olufemi Oladapo, Chinedu Ogbuke, Lukman Haruna, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Kingsley Udoh, Elderson Echiejile, Onyekachi Okonkwo, Kayode Odejayi, Yusuf Mohammed, Kalu Uche, Victor Anichebe, Emmanuel Okoduwa, Greg Etafia, Akpan Bassey, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Onyekachi Amuneke, Chrisantus Macauley, Joseph Akpala, Abiodun Agunbiade, Moses Adams, George Gilmore, Chijioke Ejiogu.
    http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/static/news/article.php?id=1898

Hard to see him picking Nigeria. Should make his England debut next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Antonio Barragán: Spent a season at Liverpool but is now at the ripe old age of 20 a Deportivo regular and the Spanish U-21 RB
    IIRC he was homesick and didn't settle in the uk which is why he only stayed a year. Was a promising player and Rafa was reluctant to let him go but secured buy back options on him. That he didn't settle in the uk a year or two back would make one wonder if he'd be keen to move back so soon.

Any word on Barry ? Have not seen much in the press over the last week or so and it all seems quite. It's a big decision for him to make and it's good that media pressure seems to be off him - would hate to see a player making a decision about their career based on press influence.

first Joe Mattock, the England U-21 left back was linked as backup/a future replacement for Bouma now its Denmarks U-21 LB Micheal Lumb
    Aston Villa plan move for defender Michael Lumb
    May 22 2008 By Bill Howell

ASTON Villa are thought to be lining up a move for talented Danish Under-21 international left-back Michael Lumb as they seek reinforcements for next season.

The AGF Aarhus defender is a rising star of the game in Denmark but Villa will face competition from Ajax, who have also been heavily linked with a £1.75million move.

West Ham and Italian club Udinese have, according to reports in Denmark, also shown an interest in the 20-year-old.

Martin O'Neill has no cover at all on the left side of defence for Dutch international Wilfred Bouma, who was an ever-present in the league last season and will soon commit his future to the club.

Villa have almost inevitably been linked with a move for Reading's wantaway defender Nicky Shorey, and although that cannot be ruled out, such is Bouma's dominance in that position it seems more likely O'Neill will look for someone up-and-coming.

Meanwhile, Villa's other ever-present squad member from last term, Martin Laursen, was today hailed by the boss for his efforts in taking Villa into Europe.

The Danish international put behind three years of injury hell to become the Supporters Player of the Year.

O'Neill said: "At the start of the season I don't think many people would have put money on Martin starting every single League game - least of all Martin.

"It's been a great effort and I'm delighted for Martin. Well done to him.

"For him to have played the number of games he has this season has been terrific but it would have been nice to have had the option to rest him.

players whove been linked with villa since the season ended:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Manchester United), Paul Robinson (Spurs), Sergio Asenjo (Real Valladolid), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal), Yoann Pele (Le Mans), Heurelho Gomes (PSV Eindhoven), Carlo Cudicini (Chelsea), Carlos Kameni (Espanyol), Boaz Myhill (Hull), Jussi Jaaskelainen (Bolton), Wayne Hennessey (Wolves), Mark Oxley (Rotherham), Artur Boruc (Celtic), Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Scott Carson (Liverpool)

Defenders: Richard Dunne (Manchester City), Marco Caneira (Valencia), Nicky Shorey (Reading), Michael Lumb (AGF Aarhus), Stephen Carr (Newcastle), Paul Scharner (Wigan), Jonas Olsson (NEC Nijmegen), Christian Maggio (Sampdoria), Jean Calve (Le Mans), Joe Mattock (Leicester), Pascal Chimbonda (Spurs), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Cata Diaz (Getafe), Bernard Mendy (PSG), Daniel van Buyten (Bayern Munich), Cosmin Contra (Getafe), John Paintsil (West Ham), Richard Stearman (Leicester), Jose Angel Crespo (Sevilla), Nélson (Benfica), Jose Bosingwa (Porto), John Arne Riise (Liverpool), Justin Hoyte (Arsenal)

Midfielders: Pedro Mendes (Portsmouth), Jermaine Pennant (Liverpool), Sebastian Eguren (Villarreal), Diego (Werder Bremen), Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen), Christian Poulsen (Sevilla), Gary O'Neil (Middlesbrough), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Steve Sidwell (Chelsea), Mario Santana (Fiorentina), Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Ruben de la Red (Getafe), Esteban Granero (Getafe), Pablo Hernandez (Getafe), Brian Howard (Barnsley), James Milner (Newcastle), David Bentley (Blackburn), Jimmy Bullard (Fulham), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg)

Strikers: Tarik Elyounoussi (Fredrikstad F.K), Kevin Doyle (Reading), Jefferson Farfan (PSV Eindhoven), Sean Scannell (Crystal Palace), Giampaolo Pazzini (Fiorentina), Ikechukwu Uche (Getafe), Diego Forlan (Atletico Madrid), Sam Vokes (Bournemouth), Bafetimbi Gomis (St Etienne), Eidur Gudjohnsen (Barcelona), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), James Beattie (Sheffield United), Thierry Henry (Barcelona)

Total number of players linked so far: 72

absolutely focking RIDICULOUS

I don't think we should sign ALL those players. That would be going overboard!

I don't think we should sign ALL those players. That would be going overboard!

You're right. I say we only sign half them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Helix wrote: »
    players whove been linked with villa since the season ended:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Manchester United), Paul Robinson (Spurs), Sergio Asenjo (Real Valladolid), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal), Yoann Pele (Le Mans), Heurelho Gomes (PSV Eindhoven), Carlo Cudicini (Chelsea), Carlos Kameni (Espanyol), Boaz Myhill (Hull), Jussi Jaaskelainen (Bolton), Wayne Hennessey (Wolves), Mark Oxley (Rotherham), Artur Boruc (Celtic), Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Scott Carson (Liverpool)

Defenders: Richard Dunne (Manchester City), Marco Caneira (Valencia), Nicky Shorey (Reading), Michael Lumb (AGF Aarhus), Stephen Carr (Newcastle), Paul Scharner (Wigan), Jonas Olsson (NEC Nijmegen), Christian Maggio (Sampdoria), Jean Calve (Le Mans), Joe Mattock (Leicester), Pascal Chimbonda (Spurs), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Cata Diaz (Getafe), Bernard Mendy (PSG), Daniel van Buyten (Bayern Munich), Cosmin Contra (Getafe), John Paintsil (West Ham), Richard Stearman (Leicester), Jose Angel Crespo (Sevilla), Nélson (Benfica), Jose Bosingwa (Porto), John Arne Riise (Liverpool), Justin Hoyte (Arsenal)

Midfielders: Pedro Mendes (Portsmouth), Jermaine Pennant (Liverpool), Sebastian Eguren (Villarreal), Diego (Werder Bremen), Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen), Christian Poulsen (Sevilla), Gary O'Neil (Middlesbrough), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Steve Sidwell (Chelsea), Mario Santana (Fiorentina), Marcos Senna (Villarreal), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Ruben de la Red (Getafe), Esteban Granero (Getafe), Pablo Hernandez (Getafe), Brian Howard (Barnsley), James Milner (Newcastle), David Bentley (Blackburn), Jimmy Bullard (Fulham), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg)

Strikers: Tarik Elyounoussi (Fredrikstad F.K), Kevin Doyle (Reading), Jefferson Farfan (PSV Eindhoven), Sean Scannell (Crystal Palace), Giampaolo Pazzini (Fiorentina), Ikechukwu Uche (Getafe), Diego Forlan (Atletico Madrid), Sam Vokes (Bournemouth), Bafetimbi Gomis (St Etienne), Eidur Gudjohnsen (Barcelona), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), James Beattie (Sheffield United), Thierry Henry (Barcelona)

Total number of players linked so far: 72

absolutely focking RIDICULOUS

Thats absolutely crazy..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On Barragan, Im not sure he could really be called a depor regular, only started 8 games this year. To be honest, I doubt he's good enough to play a major part in a top 8 premiership team. If he was, Pool would probably have used their buyback clause to get him back for a half million rather then getting Degen in. Mind you, pool can buy him back for that price after next season too so might just be waiting to see if he develops a bit more.

Regardless with Villa's immense RB need, yee should be aiming higher imo.

Villa's youth continue to be great! this time by winning the Soccer 7s in Hong Kong

DAY ONE:

Masters football won by Glasgow Rangers All Stars

DAY TWO:

TIME (HK) EVENT TEAMS/SCORE

1512 Main Group Aston Villa 1 - 0 Yau Yee Select

1700 Main Group Aston Villa 2 - 1 Bulova Rangers

1906 Main Group Aston Villa 1 - 0 PSV (eventual winners of the plate)

DAY THREE:

TIME (HK) EVENT TEAMS/SCORE

1226 Cup Quarter-Final 3 Aston Villa 5 - 0 Eastleigh

1554 Cup Semi-Final 1 AIS 1 - 3 Aston Villa

1844 Cup Final Aston Villa 2 - 0 Glasgow Celtic

2008042360652_CatImage2.jpg

By an chance to you have the line up Bounty? Would be good to put a face to some of the names I've been hearing about...

By an chance to you have the line up Bounty? Would be good to put a face to some of the names I've been hearing about...

unfortunatley ive nothing to go with the squad photo, its just what the club submitted pre-competition but although im sure a squad list went with the photo but it isnt available on the Soccer7s website.

http://www.hksoccersevens.com/index.htm

although this is Delfounso

Delfouneso_L.jpg

hes in the middle of the squad pic

and heres Harry Forester whom Villa were forced to pay £250,000 compensation to Watford for after we nabbed him as a 16 year old fro there academy.
    74015532.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193121F0CA652334348E4B1010041DA1C2F284831B75F48EF45
    think thats him at the front left

and Barry Bannan
    0,,10265~3577871,00.jpg

these are probably the 3 most talked up Villa youngsters that would have travellled

Not to worry, cheeers. I'm sure they're on the official site anyway.
    hes in the middle of the squad pic

Thanks for clarifing! Considering everyone else in the photo is as white as my Arse cheek, I'm sure I could have picked him out!!!

• Advertisement

Not to worry, cheeers. I'm sure they're on the official site anyway.

Thanks for clarifing! Considering everyone else in the photo is as white as my Arse cheek, I'm sure I could have picked him out!!!

lol, maybe that was a bit unnecesary alright. Ive added pictures of Bannan and Forrester now also. but there really arent too many great picks of Bannan about despite him being talked up as a future star (and he has looked/sounded very good in the few reserve games ive seen him make an appearance in) so i dunno if youl recognise him in the squad.

I presume that photo of Bannan was taken recently? He looks about 8!

its a year old from the Fa youth cup Semi against Carlisle afaik

Hmmm, I'm sure he has a Mellberg-esque beard now!

The Official Site puts some names to the faces.

Although the pics are tiny.

Here, here, and here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement